All reviews purple palm casita room boutique hotel pool area mini bar outdoor fireplace romantic getaway great boutique mid week old school beautiful pool lounge chairs the parker small hotel the main drag downtown area downtown palm springs
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Really the worst service I've EVER experienced, on every level. I moved rooms from a King to a Suite at 11:30 am. I asked to be put on the list for early checkin. After two hours, they couldn''t give me any update or even tell me an ETA or where housekeeping was. She said I would have to wait until 4 pm and took my number. I came back at 3:15 pm and the new guy at the front desk said it still wasn't ready - they'd apparently been working on it for 4 hours, and I'd have to wait until exactly 4. When I asked about the logistics of the system, he snapped at me and gave me incredible attitude. He also had lost my phone number. When, at 4:05, I came back and the room was just at that moment ready, I had to wait ages for my luggage. I went to my room and at 4:25 they called and said that they had lost it and I would need to come look for it myself. Also, even though they claimed that the hotel was fully booked tonight, I saw them let at least 7 people stay until 1:30 pm, when check out time is noon. If they had just been professional and apologetic and really explained, it would have been fine. Instead they were rude, inept, and totally unknowledgeable. I travel 6 months of the year and I've never ever written a bad review or been treated like this. I'm very respectful and again, I've NEVER had such awful awful service. It's a shame, because the rooms and pool are nice, but NOT WORTH IT.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Danielle D
Peggy T, General Manager at Colony Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Danielle D

I am terribly sorry for the service or lack there of you received from Colony Palms this is not what we want to be known for. Please know I take every comment very seriously and each is addressed individually, we like to use all comments as learning tools.

We are striving everyday to be better and do better, reading that the staff is obnoxious makes me sick because of this I will work tirelessly with the staff to do better. I cannot change the past but I hope one day you will find it in your heart to return to give us an opportunity to show you we have learned and we are better.

Thank you again for your comments please know everyday we are working to improve.

Peggy

Reviewed 20 June 2018

This is my favorite hotel ever! The staff, the pool, the cocktails, the poolside menu... everything is perfection. My husband and I love coming here for quick getaways! It truly feels like you're on vacation when you're here. The rooms are clean, beautiful and spacious. My favorite part is the pool -- between the sofas and chairs there's always a place to relax while listening to their mellow (not blaring) music. And food/drink service is great and not overpriced. There is nothing bad to say about the Colony Palms, I would come here again and again and again.....

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Brandon W, Front Office Manager at Colony Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear RVDL5,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We can't wait to welcome you back for another relaxing stay soon!

Warm Regards,
Brandon White

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed every bit of our honeymoon at Colony Palms! The staff treated us like royalty — we especially loved Manny at the pool and DJ at the front desk! The junior suite was nothing short of amazing! We will stay here on any future trips to Palm Springs!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Brandon W, Front Office Manager at Colony Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear bpoling13,

We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time at our hotel! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Thank you as well for mentioning the outstanding service provided by Manny and DJ. Congratulations on your marriage! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Warm Regards,
Brandon White

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I've stayed here in the high season (February) but wanted a getaway with my daughter. Staff and rooms were great. The Purple Palm restaurant on property is well staffed with a nice variety of offerings. The pool is great and ambiance is boutique, clubby and lowkey.
Only complaint is that the website suggests this is a resort more for adults but some saw fit to bring children. Several babies but the older kids in the pool were noisy and disruptive. I did complain and the noise level was down the next day.
A nice feature is that the restaurant is situated by the pool for outdoor eating!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Peggy T, General Manager at Colony Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Ellen W

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay. We appreciate all comments both positive and negative as they will only help us improve our product and service. We will continue to enhance the experience for all ensuring every guest has the stay they dreamed of.

The Purple Palm is a local favorite so it is always nice to see when our guest enjoy such a great amenity.

We certainly hope to see you back at the Colony Palms soon.
Thank you again for your comments.
Peggy

Reviewed 15 June 2018

The Colony Palms is such a nice hotel to stay at, right in the heart of downtown Palm Springs. It was extremely convenient as it was a 10min drive to the airport, 5min walk to some of the best restaurants/bars (Workshop, Truss & Twine, Koffi, Eight4Nine, etc.) The waiters at the pool were extremely friendly and tentative.

The receptionist at the desk was also extremely nice. I had a pair of sunglasses that had broken (ear piece had a screw loose), and I went to the front desk around 10pm, and asked if she knew of any places nearby I could go to get them repaired. She said she did not know off the top of her head, but that she would do some research and I could come back in the morning for some more information. When I visited the reception desk the next morning, she was not working, but had left a note with the shop's name, hours for the day, address, and a note letting me know they had great reviews for glass repairs. That was above and beyond the service I expected, and was extremely happy she was able to do that for me!

I would definitely recommend Colony Palms for their cute rooms, great service, and perfect poolside area for anyone looking to visit Palm Springs!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Brandon W, Front Office Manager at Colony Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Dear Jessie P,

Thank you so much! We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning the outstanding service delivered by our front desk staff, as well as the friendly and attentive pool staff! I will be sure to recognize them. We look so forward to your return!