“Average, very average.”

Ranked #22 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Average, very average.”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Large room with TV, fridge and microwave. Large bed which was too soft for my liking. Average breakfast. Poor WiFi. If you like "average" you'll love this place. It's nothing special. I'd try somewhere else if I was in the area again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
royalsuninn, Webmaster at Royal Sun Inn, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Royal Sun Inn and for your recent stay and the review.

We appreciate your straight review.

We definitely appreciate every kind of criticism and suggestions about our hotel.

In fact, it’s one of the only ways we can improve.

We are however continuously working to improve our service and amenities to the best level possible.

We shall offer a still wonderful experience with us during your next visit.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 November 2013

1. Charged my CC without permission. Booked through Expedia under "Pay when you arrive". Gave my CC to hold the room, as I agreed to be responsible for it even if I didn't show up. Got there 2:30pm, 30 minutes before check in time at 3:00pm. Went to pay cash (don't like debt) and the clerk said very quickly, "were all booked up so we had to charge in advance." Told him about the Expedia program and got no reply. Currently trying to contact Expedia.

2. Gave my lady and I a room that had clearly been painted probably that morning. Like a toxic tent in there. thanksgiving eve so all motels were booked. Horrible.

3. There was a pile of dog poop in front of our door that never got cleaned up.

4. Location was decent, breakfast buffet eh

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Royal Sun Inn during your recent visit.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

We are investigating the Credit card charge issue with the hotel staff and shall take all necessary steps to avoid such unpleasant incidence.

We have enforced an effective cleaning program, and the housekeeping and maintenance staff have been specially instructed to check and confirm.

We also have given special instructions to the hotel staff to offer the best hospitality to all guests.

We are confident that you may consider staying with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Lochristi, Belgium
Reviewed 23 November 2013

At first we we're looking to find a not to expensive motel and this fitted our criteria. We got a room but upon arriving there we noticed that the room was really outdated and smelled moldy. So basically the room was old, not up to date and well.... run down... but we we're happy to live with that. Now the really bad part was the breakfast that is included. We wanted to get coffee and my girlfriend wanted to get thee. As usual I add milk and she adds vanilla flavored milk to her coffee with those little cups. I open mine up and it was all ..... gobbly and stinked enormly... I emptied it in the trashcan and looked on the bottom... OH MY GOD, the expiration date was 1999..... That's 12 years over date. My gf's vanilla cup milk was worse.... way worse. Expiration date 1982... I am not kidding. And we went back and got like 5 more and they we're all from that date. DO NOT eat breakfast here! The pool is horrible and really dangerous to walk around. The floor is cracked and will cut your feet if you walk there barefooted.

1 Thank Fish2281
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Royal Sun Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously for improvement.

We apologize for your experience howsoever it might have happened.

We have engaged a professional team to check all the points mentioned in the review and to ensure the rooms are in the finest condition before a new guest is checked in.

We are redoing the pool also shortly.

We request you to make a note of our efforts and request you to stay with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

Regards,
La Habra, California
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I've stayed here with a friend or two for 2 years for the CMC-South math conference. The conference is held at the convention center but those hotels are SO much more expensive, so my friends and I stay here instead. It's clean, has nice views from the patios, has a pool and jacuzzi, and continental breakfast. I would totally stay here for a weekend with my hubby too. Not romantic, but cheap and clean. I love this place.

Room Tip: look online for "manager's special"
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank y3kpinky
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Hotel is Older but Clean with a patio. Booking the last minute does not help get a good price. I thought I was paying toooooo muuuuch! The Front desk person was busy writing something and didn't even acknowledge me for a few minutes... is this the way everybody gets greeted? I was very pleased with the service (Lady) in the Breakfast Room,.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Royal Sun Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate you for the review and also take it seriously towards improvement.

It is heartening to note your comment on the room.

We have provided the front desk extra training to ensure the highest degree of guest relations. The lady staff has been appreciated on your behalf.

We hope that you will consider staying with us once again and have a new experience.

Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Older hotel but was clean, each room had a patio. Clean big pool and Jacuzzi continental breakfast in the morning. Was on the south end of town but only minutes from downtown. Close to shops and restaurants. We stayed on 2nd floor and was quite. We got a good price too for a Saturday! Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Book in advance to get dates you want very reasonable!
1 Thank Tina B
Felixstowe, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was our third stay at the Royal Sun, so I guess that means something?
The hotel is not grand. It is however well situated, just down from the Palm Springs strip.
Booking in advance you can secure a really good price which is always to be considered when writing a review. Other Trip Advisors have mentioned the staff being 'unhelpful' and to an extent that is true. Some have complained about the breakfasts which personally I have always found to be satisfactory and plentiful. The actual hotel is somewhat 'tired' and in need of a bit of TLC and yes the walls are quite thin. (we had some fairly roudy neighbours of five of our seven days). Yes the air conditioning can be loud but if you're tired, you will sleep. . . we did!
Free internet is always essential for us and it's available at the Royal Sun but, yes there is a but, at the far end of the building (rooms 122 -126) it can be a little intermittent. The helpful guy on reception said when I mentioned it that, yes, internet does do that sometimes?
So in summary; Royal Sun is absolutely fine for a Palm Springs visit. The hotel is more motel than hotel but if the price is right use it and put up with a few 'drawbacks'. The pool by the way is utilitarian but OK not over heated it has to be said.
We'll almost certainly stay there again if we are visiting Palm Springs. For destinations further down the Coachella Valley we'd stay somewhere else. Don't expect too much and don't be put off be the overly critical reviews. It's a 2 star hotel and does what it says on the label.

Room Tip: All rooms similar stay nearer reception for better wifi. Top floor (3rd) rooms will be quieter - no...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
royalsuninn, Webmaster at Royal Sun Inn, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Royal Sun Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• I am glad that you find our breakfast satisfactory and plentiful. Breakfast staff received our commendation.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Management and desk staff was reminded of their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

• Maintenance was informed of the Loud AC and Internet in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Royal Sun Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.