“Typical lodge really... good value”
Review of Royal Sun Inn

Royal Sun Inn
Ranked #22 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Typical lodge really... good value”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

So, I booked this place as the Hilton was too pricey. I'm a Holiday Inn kind of guy at heart. This place is a mile off the centre of palm springs, maybe a little more...to the south. Plenty of free parking. Check-in was fine. The room was clean and basic with a good king bed. Wifi dropped occasionally but was sound basically. The aircon worked but was noisy. The breakfast attendant struggled to keep the limited items topped up.. doughnuts and toast. Good value for the 50 to 60 bucks a room per night we paid... think of a la quinta room and you're there... you'll need to pay more for upmarket...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
royalsuninnpalmsprin, Webmaster at Royal Sun Inn, responded to this review, 30 October 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased you had a good experience with us although I regret that we couldn’t completely satisfy you. We take real pride in our hotel, and I apologize if we let you down in any ways. We want you to have the best possible experience here, and we’re working toward complete satisfaction of all guests.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed one night at this inn and thankful it was only one night. As previous guests have stated the Wifi connection was a joke. I had no setup issue with my device as management commented on other reviews. There is no robust internet service as they want you to believe. I did a broadband speed test and there was none. It had nothing to do with my computer as management had commented on other reviews.

The bathroom sink drain had a terrible odor (smelled like sewer) it made you sick. Tried to keep patio door open, however, no screen. Felt unsafe with an unlocked patio door, but we had no choice to get some sort of fresh air in the room trying to eliminate the bad odor. My husband actually thought of sleeping in the van that night.

I do have to comment on maintenance however. Computer chair (which was filthy) did not work. We called the front desk and almost immediately they were there to help work with the chair lever,

Mattress comfort - hard as a rock.

I know what it means when they say you get what you pay for, but $100 for the room was a joke. They should have paid us to stay there.

In checking out the next morning registration was closed. Had someone been there we would have certainly given our comments directly to management.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PJ6979
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Older motel, but updated room. My ground floor accomodations were comfortable, clean, and enjoyable. I really enjoyed the private patio. I was in Palm Springs on business, hence a strong internet connection was important to me, but unfortanetly the wifi signal was terrible at best. Please update your internet system.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dirty_A_1123
royalsuninn, Webmaster at Royal Sun Inn, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting about our Palm Springs, CA hotel. I’m very sorry to hear that you experienced problems with our wifi. Perhaps there was a setup issue with your device. We have a robust wireless Internet service that works well from everywhere in our hotel. If you stay with us again, please ask the desk clerk for assistance with connecting. I apologize that you had difficulties and look forward to having you with us again.

Thanks,
Perris, California
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed one night which was too long. Came in after a concert at 11;30 pm and had to park on the street in a very sketchy neighborhood. The room stunk so bad of Pinesol! You could hardly breathe! It is true you get what you pay for. Stay somewhere else. The floors all creak so bad. NEVER AGAIN! Free breakfast was a JOKE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
royalsuninn, Webmaster at Royal Sun Inn, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Royal Sun Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• We shared your report of the bad of Pinesol to the management, maintenance and housekeeping in the hope that they can see that this does not happen to any more of our valued guests.

• Management was informed about the crack floors and instructed to check and repair if they find those.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Royal Sun Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.

Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed at Royal Sun Inn for 5 nights, it was very clean and the staff was very friendly. Complementary breakfast every morning. Easy access to everything and always open parking and rooms are always neat.

Room Tip: breakfast is really good.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank yasi2014
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights at the end of December. Hotel wasn't very busy, so I can't speak to how 'thin' the walls are or anything, as there were no other guests in the adjoining rooms.

Breakfast was fine. Our room was fine. Hotel was clean and just about what to expect from a little 2 star hotel.

My only complaint is the free Wi-Fi - very poor internet speed. Strong wireless signal, but very low download speed on all our devices. Practically worthless.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike S
Sacramento,
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Paid $46/nt. Managers Special or some such. The place is dated, but all the old items in the room are actually clean. Shower did not work, we felt uncomfortable sleeping at night. The area is kind of creepy, a lot of marijuana smoking going on as well as weirdos in the parking lot. In my old backpacking days when I was on a budget and alone, it would have been OK. We did not stick around for breakfast. The view you see of the hills on the website is not accurate. Lousy door locks, which increases the insecurity feeling. Antiquated TV and fridge. I wish I could say more positive things, I think they try, but not much to work with.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sacstyle
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Royal Sun Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• I am glad amenities and items I the room actually clean. Housekeeping staff was informed and received our commendations.

• Management and security were approached about the weirdos and lot of marijuana smoking in the parking lot that you encountered that made you feel uncomfortable and instructed to look into the situation.

• Management was informed to check the websites where the inaccurate information displayed and instructed to correct or replace.