“Everything you could hope for in an inexpensive hotel”
Review of Royal Sun Inn

Royal Sun Inn
Ranked #22 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Everything you could hope for in an inexpensive hotel”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Royal Sun Inn during a recent trip to Palm Springs in June. I am always looking for a hotel around or under $75 where the reviews don't mention dirty or bugs. I payed under $70 in off-peak June and got a clean room which included a king bed, cable television, a small stove with sink and a small refrigerator. The room was clean and comfortable and the pool area was well taken care of and had plenty of chairs. We hung out in the pool for an hour one evening and throughout our stay there always seemed to be a few people in the pool area.

My only complaint on my first floor room is we could hear the people walking in the room above us. But it is an old hotel so not much they can do about that problem.

My boyfriend and I also really like this area. I had visited the botanical garden across the street on my last visit before my boyfriend arrived and when I told him this hotel was across from the botanical garden he said that was a nice area and he would prefer that hotel. All the hotels in that area seem old but cared for and except for the Motel 6 I think I would try out any of them.

I highly suggest this Inn for the budget watchers who don't want to give up clean rooms and good service in this price range.

Room Tip: South end rooms overlook the pool, west facing rooms overlook the mountains. The 120? to 126 range...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mesa_Eater

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 June 2014

After some hours driving from LA, we arrived in Palm Springs. It's hot in the desert, so the pool of this hotel was very welcome. We've got a nice room with everything we needed. Breakfast was good with waffles, cereals etc.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
belgium
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed at the royal sun inn midway april in hot and sunny Pzalm Springs. It's not in the middle of town, but that didn't matter to us. Check-in was fast, room was big and wel maintained with amountain view balcony. I absolutely loved the sight. Most visitors are older people, guess that's typical for Palm Springs. We had the whole swimming pool and spa for ourselves at 8 PM and had a nice swim in the dark. Breakfast was good, but only 3/4 tables for a hotel of this size is not enough. Many people were eating at poolside. We would love to stay again if we visit Palm Springs again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at the Royal Sun Inn for 6 nights and found the location was excellent. The staff was helpful and friendly and our room was clean. It's a bit dated with the sound coming from adjoining rooms but overall this place was just fine and we enjoyed our stay. The free breakfasts were also good. This was our first visit to Palm Springs and we'd definitely stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: A room on the end is good as the sound only comes from one side.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

So, I booked this place as the Hilton was too pricey. I'm a Holiday Inn kind of guy at heart. This place is a mile off the centre of palm springs, maybe a little more...to the south. Plenty of free parking. Check-in was fine. The room was clean and basic with a good king bed. Wifi dropped occasionally but was sound basically. The aircon worked but was noisy. The breakfast attendant struggled to keep the limited items topped up.. doughnuts and toast. Good value for the 50 to 60 bucks a room per night we paid... think of a la quinta room and you're there... you'll need to pay more for upmarket...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
royalsuninnpalmsprin, Webmaster at Royal Sun Inn, responded to this review, 30 October 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased you had a good experience with us although I regret that we couldn’t completely satisfy you. We take real pride in our hotel, and I apologize if we let you down in any ways. We want you to have the best possible experience here, and we’re working toward complete satisfaction of all guests.

Hotel Manager
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed one night at this inn and thankful it was only one night. As previous guests have stated the Wifi connection was a joke. I had no setup issue with my device as management commented on other reviews. There is no robust internet service as they want you to believe. I did a broadband speed test and there was none. It had nothing to do with my computer as management had commented on other reviews.

The bathroom sink drain had a terrible odor (smelled like sewer) it made you sick. Tried to keep patio door open, however, no screen. Felt unsafe with an unlocked patio door, but we had no choice to get some sort of fresh air in the room trying to eliminate the bad odor. My husband actually thought of sleeping in the van that night.

I do have to comment on maintenance however. Computer chair (which was filthy) did not work. We called the front desk and almost immediately they were there to help work with the chair lever,

Mattress comfort - hard as a rock.

I know what it means when they say you get what you pay for, but $100 for the room was a joke. They should have paid us to stay there.

In checking out the next morning registration was closed. Had someone been there we would have certainly given our comments directly to management.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PJ6979
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Older motel, but updated room. My ground floor accomodations were comfortable, clean, and enjoyable. I really enjoyed the private patio. I was in Palm Springs on business, hence a strong internet connection was important to me, but unfortanetly the wifi signal was terrible at best. Please update your internet system.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dirty_A_1123
royalsuninn, Webmaster at Royal Sun Inn, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting about our Palm Springs, CA hotel. I’m very sorry to hear that you experienced problems with our wifi. Perhaps there was a setup issue with your device. We have a robust wireless Internet service that works well from everywhere in our hotel. If you stay with us again, please ask the desk clerk for assistance with connecting. I apologize that you had difficulties and look forward to having you with us again.

Thanks,