“Great little sushi restaurant”
Review of Happy Sushi

Happy Sushi
Ranked #166 of 321 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great little sushi restaurant”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The food is fresh and delicious. It's also very close to downtown so you can have a nice stroll after you have dinner.

Visited April 2014

Whittier, California
“Great Sushi!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I really like Japanese food, tempura being my favorite. My daughters really like sashimi and sushi, and they were happy with what they ordered. One of my daughters ordered the Rainbow Roll and the other daughter, being less adventurous, ordered the California roll. My tempura was very good; light, not greasy, and there was a good variety of veggies. I ordered the appetizer size, and it was plenty. I also had the dumplings, which were a little dry, but good in the dipping sauce.

The atmosphere was casual and simple. Nothing ornate, just focused on the food. The waiters were friendly and attentive. There is a happy hour there where some of the appetizers are only $4 and $5 dollars--like the dumplings and the tempura.

All in all, it was an enjoyable meal, and we were right in the heart of downtown Palm Springs. There is ample parking in the back, which we didn't see until we were seated, so don't let the crowded street keep you from stopping for lunch or dinner.

• Visited May 2014
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

So, I scrolled through all the ratings on here before making my Desert Sushi selection and because of "expensive" comments chose Happy Sushi.
Super Happy I did. The appetizers, Sushi, Sashimi, Service, Ginger, Saki were all EXCELLENT.
Perhaps it was our friendly, positive entrance near closing time that brought us the chefs best efforts, but he really put together a delicious fish feast. The portions in relation to the price was as expected for Freshness. I don't get caught up in quantity personally, I appreciate quality. We simply asked the chef for his freshest fish and he nailed it. I've never had Halibut Sashimi, but YUM.
Anyway, great stuff from this place, enjoy.
Only concern was our reason for sitting inside, the patio smelled.

• Visited April 2014
Palm Springs, California
“Sushi Wed”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Good quality fish but VERY small portions. their 8 pc is rolled so thin it is a bit of a rip off. The Sushi chef was VERY nice and I was alone at the counter so it was nice he took time to speak to me.

Visited April 2014
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Best value for the money”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I love sushi, so I had to go in. The place was empty and I was the only diner. Looks like most tourists want pizza and taco's. Very good sushi, seaweed salad and rolls. Best value I ever had at any sushi bar. Try the watermelon sakitini.

Visited January 2014