“Birthday celebration in private room”

EIGHT4NINE Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
EIGHT4NINE Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 355 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Description: WELCOME......The Upscale Casual crisp white interior creates a blank canvas to reflect the diverse colors of the delicious culinary creations that focus on both presentation and flavors. Dine on the Patio or Swanky Lounge. Celebrate in one of the art filled Private Rooms. We serve Lunch & Dinner daily from 11am & Brunch from 9am on Saturday & Sunday. This is the spot where you'll find "Happy Days" in the Lounge, an all-day, everyday menu with an Ate for $9 section.
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We had our friend’s 60th birthday celebration this past Tuesday and 849 was the perfect venue! Everyone was thrilled with the food and the service!
Casey allowed us to come in early to decorate and Michele was very attentive and accommodating during the party, checking in repeatedly to ensure we were all ok!
We love 849 for many reasons ... the atmosphere, bar, food and service are first rate!
So glad we chose 849 to celebrate ... it was perfect !!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

My wife and I had reservations for 6:30pm on a Sunday night. I would say about 3/4 of the place was filled at that time but the bar area was hopping. The staff was friendly and we were seated right away.

My first impression was that this place was very elegant and clearly setup to accommodate large parties. The tables were large and chairs were all a fine white color. Their fine decorations along the walls reminded me of something out of a museum. We wondered it perhaps we were a bit too under-dressed with our jeans/polo shirts on.

If we were the staff never noticed. They were attentive and friendly. I ordered the Mesquite-Smoked Carne Asada and it was INCREDIBLE. Easily the best steak and Mexican influenced food I had in Palm Springs. Well seasoned and prepared. The sides included a corn pudding that was a perfect accompaniment to the entree. Just a well thought out and executed meal. Well worth it's modest price. The wife also really enjoyed her Smoked Portobello Mushroom Pappardelle.

There were many desserts available but we choice the Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bar. I've had other variations of this dessert before (even made one myself) and this was the best version I have ever tried. Just a satisfying end to a spectacular meal.

I strongly recommend Eight4Nine if you are in Palm Springs and want a classy, elegant meal without pretentiously high prices. 100% chance of going here again the next time I am in town.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This is a great restaurant option for visitors to Palm Springs. They have a varied menu with some unique options. Food is generally pretty good. Service never seems up to par though. They have a nice cocktail/social area and a patio.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Was there for dinner with friends. What is great about this place is the possibility to book an entire small dining room just for yourself and your friends. However we were not enough people to book a room, so we were in the dining room which is fine. Love the decor and chairs. The service was OK. Server next to our table screwed up big time and splashed a colored cocktail on our table. You'd think they would apologize or do something for us. Nada! They just cleaned the table without apologizing. They took my bread and butter away since it was destroyed and never replaced it with new ones. Bad customer service, seriously! The food however was great.

Willie R, Owner at EIGHT4NINE Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Morning, Thank you so much for the nice review and I am so very sorry, I agree 100% that at the very least an apology should have been offered. Do you live here ?? Can I send you something to say sorry and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Willie@Eight4nine.com

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Love this establishment. Great atmosphere in the heart of the design distinct. A flavor with locals. Have a $7.00 house martini for a mid afternoon getaway from the heat and shopping. Decor is white on white Hollywood Regency. Bar is well stocked and the food is always excellent. Great place to meet up with friends for light conversation. Music is mellow house and not distracting. Perfect combination of atmosphere, food and service...