“Perfect all the way around!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs

The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs
Ranked #63 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
“Perfect all the way around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

I had a relative visiting from NY and she and my 13 and 16 y.o. went from San Diego to Palm Springs for a 2 night stay. Our room was on the first floor with an adult pool view. It was nicely appointed with a small refrigerator, mirowave and small dining table and chairs. We brought food for our stay to keep the costs down and ate very nicely. We did however carry a large cooler which we replinished with ice during our stay. The grounds were absolutely beautiful with palm trees sourrounded by spring flowers. We used the adult pool and it was quiet and clean. The breakfast was great with all sorts of hot coffee drinks, OJ, bagels, yogurt, toast, cereal, etc. We took our breakfast outside and sat in the gazebo. We had a very nice time and even got a later checkout so we could enjoy the pool a little longer. The desk personne were very friendly and helpful. We will be back to this hotel instead of the Holiday Inn which we normally stay at. Don't listen to the negative reviews. This hotel is a diamond in the ruff. Lastly, the view of the mountains and snow on top - breathtaking!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

Only stayed one night but apart from getting in a sand storm, it was a great place to be.
2 swimming pools, one for kids and one for adults.
Very large room overlooking the adult pool with balcony and inroom facilities for eating.
Large bed and comfortable nights sleep.
Served breakfast but limited choice.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

People do not stay here. I use this site often prior to travelling and rely on it. I usually take reviews with a grain of salt but this place was extremely horrible.
We checked in the room smelled like stale urine, the carpets were gross and filthy. The topper was when my wife checked the bedding there was a pajama top in the sheets.
We called the desk and I called hotwire.com (who I booked through) and luckily we were refunded the amount. It stated three stars but seriously one.
Even the motel staff stated they have had complaints of the smell in the room.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn on E Palm Canyon Dr.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank dcgallo

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

The only other Shilo I've stayed at is the one in Portland, Oregon so I'm going to be comparing the two mentally. First off, the hotel called me and told me they were going to re-book me at a different hotel due to the air conditioning being out in my room and they'd oversold--about half an hour later when I was returning their call they told me that they'd gotten the air conditioning issue resolved and I'd still be staying with them, awesome. That was really amazing, a hotel calling me to save me time and gas...very impressed.
Coming into Palm Springs, there were wind gusts so just be careful...I had no idea!
Very easy to find, right off the main drag. I'm guessing this used to be an old resort because the hotel is composed of 6 buildings and all the rooms open to the exterior--like a motel. Be careful of the speed bumps...a bit wicked.
There are 2 pools--one is a family pool, the other an adult only pool; and one spa.
Walking into the room, it's very spacious. The room could use an update but it's serviceable. The balcony was nice to have, just to sit out and relax on....even though it faced the pool it was very quiet. There was a little microwave, and iron with ironing board. Free wi-fi. Nice couch and then a table with 2 chairs, also a desk with deskchair.
Is basic, and the only thing I can think of is a little updating would make this hotel superb.

Room Tip: Provide a cellphone number when booking
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hickmangirl
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

This place was perfectly fine for a long weekend during my trip to Palm Springs for the Coachella music festival. The hotel is in a great location as it is not too far from the downtown area and close to a number of yummy ,inexpensive places to have breakfast and lunch. The grounds were clean and well manicured and the pool area was small but adequate It also had a hot tub and sauna! They also have a separate pool areas for families which is nice because you don't have to deal with other people's kids. The rooms were clean, up to date and most of them if not all faced the pool area . The shower had good pressure and there were two separate sinks- one inside the bathroom and one outside. I slept well which means that the bed were comfy enough and the area quiet. They also provide a free continental breakfast, but I never took advantage of it because there were plenty of restaurants within walking distance. I highly recommend this place as I think it provides above average accommodations for the price. by the way, I got this place through priceline for around $100 and considering it was during a very busy time, I think I got a great deal.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

Stood here for Coachella fest. Easy to get to. Roomy and clean. Inexpensive. Friendly helpful staff. Just needed a place to crash because was at fear all weekend. This works

• Stayed April 2011
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

Good and varied breakfast provided. Room was very large and comfortable. Staff overall were very pleasant and helpful. Our room was quiet, beds were very comfortable. We appreciated the refrigerator and microwave.
In some areas the operation seemed a bit "bare bones" such as providing only the minimum tiny bars of soap and shampoo but not the other toiletries usually found in hotel rooms. Only one chair was provided and we waited 24 hours (and requested three times) for the staff to find another one and bring it to the room.
Computer in the lobby was available at no cost.
We enjoyed our time and the hotel suited our needs well . We would return and recommend it.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Red Ledges Inn
Red Ledges Inn
#3 of 5 in Tropic
Bryce Canyon Country Cabins

Been to The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs? Share your experiences!