“Great location, family freindly, dog freindly, clean hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs

The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs
Ranked #63 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
“Great location, family freindly, dog freindly, clean hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We have stayed here numerous times. We have always enjoyed our stay. We always ask for a room on the bottom floor, near the adult pool just for a little bit of peace and quiet. I have done better on the room rate when i call direct to the hotel. They do match rates found on other sites. Oh and if you enjoy Cuban food Ricks restraunt right next door is great!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Katieteresa1997

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

My daughter and I went to Silo Inn on 7/16/11. We got there early and were given a room by two very gracious desk employees. The room room was clean, there was coffee and all the soap shampoo, etc. that was needed. We called for some towels for the pool and they were there in about 10 minutes. What wonderful, big towel they were. We were given 4 of them, which was perfect. 2 to cover the lounge and 2 to dry off with.

The pool was wonderful. A few steps outside of our room. And, the fact that there are two pools (one for adults only) was a blessing. I love kids and work with them, it was great to be in an adult pool without all the screaming kids that are having fun. One thing that was amusing, while I was in the pool I turned around and saw some bare cheeks. There was a guy with a G-string on. Got a laugh and am still laughing telling the story at work.

This is my second time at Shilo and will stay there next time I go back. People were having fun at the pool, but there was no crazy stuff going on. This is now my go to place in Palm Springs.

1 Thank Ninachka1
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

Hubby and I escaped overcast San Diego for some desert heat. Found Shilo from a friend. Large rooms, conveniently close to downtown palm springs, nice helpful staff, green grounds and two pools to lounge. Easy parking, check in and out was simple. We will be back.

Room Tip: Book the day of your arrival - got a good rate
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

I stayed at Shiloh Inn 2011. I had a so bad experience that it was the last time that my friends, family and I stayed there.
They kicked me 2 hours before check out time out of the room. Never happens something like that to me before.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

We stayed here from July 1st - July 3rd and unfortunately we will never stay here again. We have stayed here in the past and it seems like this place has really gone downhill. I found a huge cockroach in the bathroom and I saved it in a plastic baggie to show the front desk. Well, that accomplished absolutely nothing as the front desk clerk did absolutely nothing other than say he would let his manager know. He did say, "Previous guest must have left it behind". I don't know too many people that travel and stay at hotels and bring cockroaches along for the ride. I wasn't expecting anything in return but an upgrade or a room change would have made the situation a little better. I am glad I found it and not my wife or daughter because we would have been half way home!!! Also, the adult pool was not real clean as there was dirt on the steps and it needed some attention. My advice to anyone reading this review is to save your money and stay elsewhere!!!

Pomona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

My sister and I stayed two nites in Palm Springs 4th of Jully weekend at the Shilo. The hotel and staff were so accommodating. We had a wonderful stay. Enjoyed the water and sun. We loved not having to drive once we arrived. The shuttle was very helpful.

One of the front desk employees was our favorite. His name is Javier . What ever we wanted he was there to take care of us. Always had such a nice smile. :) One day the shuttle wasn't available to take us downtown shopping and his boss let him drive the 76 Cadiliac. He was tickled pink.

Thank you again for a great weekend at the Shilo. Until our next visit,

The "Twins" :)

Room Tip: I like the 2nd + floor for my stay. The adult pool was great, no noisey kiddies!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

I had a relative visiting from NY and she and my 13 and 16 y.o. went from San Diego to Palm Springs for a 2 night stay. Our room was on the first floor with an adult pool view. It was nicely appointed with a small refrigerator, mirowave and small dining table and chairs. We brought food for our stay to keep the costs down and ate very nicely. We did however carry a large cooler which we replinished with ice during our stay. The grounds were absolutely beautiful with palm trees sourrounded by spring flowers. We used the adult pool and it was quiet and clean. The breakfast was great with all sorts of hot coffee drinks, OJ, bagels, yogurt, toast, cereal, etc. We took our breakfast outside and sat in the gazebo. We had a very nice time and even got a later checkout so we could enjoy the pool a little longer. The desk personne were very friendly and helpful. We will be back to this hotel instead of the Holiday Inn which we normally stay at. Don't listen to the negative reviews. This hotel is a diamond in the ruff. Lastly, the view of the mountains and snow on top - breathtaking!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Red Ledges Inn
Red Ledges Inn
#3 of 5 in Tropic
Bryce Canyon Country Cabins

Been to The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs? Share your experiences!