“Great (Pets Welcome) Room for the Money”

The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs
Ranked #65 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was our second over-night stay with our Border Collie in Palm Springs. On our first visit we picked the worst room ever (rhymes with "Smallity Inn") so we were determined to do better the next time. Our room was large with a modern, clean feel. The sliding glass door opened to the beautiful, grass and pool area. Nice comfortable bed. Breakfast is low-key. Will definitely search out Shilo Inns in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Steven E
There are newer reviews for The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs

Reviewed 24 March 2012

We were just scouting the area as we had never been there before. The staff were the friendliest we had come across, so we decided to stay there. Loved the adult only pool and we had a lovely quiet end room. It is clean, although it is showing signs of wear. We didn't have enough wash clothes and towels, but no big deal. The breakfast is your usual average continental type. We would definately return on our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This was one of few reasonably priced accommodations still available a month or so before the BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament at nearby Indian Wells. Because I planned to spend 12 hours per day at the tournament, I was just hoping for a quiet, clean room to crash in at night.
I had never stayed at a Shilo Inn before and didn't know what to expect, and was delighted with
my poolside, king suite. The "suite" was a large room with bathroom and additional sink and counter outside the bathroom. The room was spacious and clean, with tile flooring and excellent blackout drapes. Some of the furnishings were a bit shopworn, but nothing was dirty or in disrepair. What I really loved was the beautifully landscaped courtyard outside my sliding patio door, though I wasn't there during daylight much to enjoy it. At night, my first floor, corner room was very dark and very quiet and I slept better than I do at home.

I was checking out Sunday and discovered there was a 3:00 pm late check out with no extra fee, so I got to enjoy the adults only pool before getting on the road back to San Diego.

The breakfast was described as "continental," which implies cold, so I wasn't disappointed by the offerings, especially since there were 2 protein selections (yogurt and hard-boiled eggs).
The breakfast attendant was very cheerful and helpful, inspite of there being no tip jar on the counter.

I would absolutely stay there again, and hope to have more pool time next time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2012

stayed here for 1 night on way to las vegas. It was in a very central position and easy to find.
The breakfast was ok not as good as other places we have stayed in. The room was very nice and also clean overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
shiloinns, General Manager at The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear 123doreen,

We greatly appreciate you for taking the time to provide a review regarding your most recent stay at Shilo Inns Suites Palm Springs. Our hotel has a very convenient location for our guests and is easy to find. We strive to provide top accommodations to all guests and we are ecstatic to read that you enjoyed our large, clean guest rooms. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the wonderful hotel amenities we have to offer as well; two pools and spas, workout room, dry sauna and our relaxing steam room. We greatly look forward to having you stay again.

Warm Regards –

Justin Haight – Regional Director of Operations

Reviewed 8 March 2012

This is an old hotel that hasn't been updated forever. Old beds, old pillows, everything inside worn out. Don't even want to think about the bedspreads...Shuttle service was useless for the times it was in operation. Enamel coated sinks form 40 years ago. Horrible hotel. Difficult to get in, doors open to parking lot but guest cannot even get to pool without a key.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The staff was friendly. Complimentary breakfast was included which was average, nothing to be wowed about. This was a mystery hotel on Travelocity, so I did not know where I was initially staying in the area. I was not overly impressed. I wondered if I received a downgraded room due to this, because I've received this same impression when staying places booked through the priceline bidding process. The carpeting was old, stained, and in desperate need of replacement. The toilet kept making noise, so I shut my door. The shower curtain smelled bad, albeit looked clean. I even purchased Glade to spray on the curtain as well as the general room area which had a slightly bad smell.

The room was big. Pool was lean, quiet, and Very warm. The grounds were neat and clean. Location was convenient. Limited channels on the old clinker TV.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed at Shilo Inn for three nights for the February 2012 art festival. Large room, quiet and close to all the activities. However, we were concerned about the milky water from the faucets. We ended up buying our own bottled water for teeth brushing and drinking, as recommended by the front desk. There was no mentioning at check-in, no warning signs anywhere and would not have received the recommendation if we hadn't asked.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
#2 of 6 in Bryce
Stone Canyon Inn
Stone Canyon Inn
#1 of 5 in Tropic

Been to The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs? Share your experiences!