“Shuttle”

Ranked #65 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Saskatchewan
“Shuttle”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We booked this room specifically for the free airport shuttle. When we arrived and asked about the shuttle, we were informed they did not have one at this time but they could call a cab in the morning and hoped it arrived shortly. Also there is no elevator so we had to haul our four large bags up the stairs. The room has a smell, not sure what it is but could use an odor absorber. There is also a lack of available outlets and one outlet was completely useless that the cords fell out of the wall.
It's an okay hotel but not what I was expecting from the online booking. I'm very disappointed in the lack of shuttle and lack of planning to replace it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jackie S
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
The hotel management and staff appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us. The issues mentioned have been resolved and we look forward to exceeding all of your expectations on your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Yuma, AZ
Reviewed 7 January 2013

This former Shilo Inn suffers from a lack of maintenance. The spa had a bunch of debris in the bottom and the pool area was not well kept. The maid service was not so good, when I took a shower there was no shower gel in the dispenser. I left the empty container on the vanity thinking the maid would fill it. Not so, when we came back at night the empty container was still sitting there. The breakfast is about normal for a "continental breakfast" but there are no tables or chairs to sit on.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HeartbeatYuma_AZ
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and we apologize that we did not exceed all of your expectations. The issues mentioned in your review have been completely resolved and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I have never in my life been treated with such disrespect. Up until December 31st, I had been a long time patron of the Shilo Inn for over 20 years and have always enjoyed my stays there. Time and again, the accommodations were excellent and the staff members were always pleasant and eager to please. So in my mind it was going to be a similar experience. I was so wrong! I had booked a room for New Year's Eve through Hotels.com. When I arrived, I went into the hotel to check in and to let them know that I was traveling with a companion who had a service animal. I was abruptly told that there would be a $25 extra charge for the "pet". I explained that my friend did not have a "pet" and that this was a working dog, a "service" animal. Again I was sternly told that there was an up charge for the "pet". I tried to explain that I have stayed at this property for over 20 years and often times my friend had a service animal accompany them. We had never been charged a "pet" fee as they kept referring to it. I simply stated that I wasn't sure if it is legal to charge a fee for a working animal. The conversation was soft, and calm and at this point, merely a conversation. Suddenly, a rude man behind the desk abruptly interrupted my interaction with the desk clerk and started yelling at me and making a scene. He loudly, angrily and aggressively informed me that there was a $25 pet fee, like it or not and that it was perfectly legal for them to charge such a fee. At this point I was mortified by his unprofessional, loud and abusive behavior. Up until this moment, my intention was to pay the fee and then research the issue later. (as it turns out, they can indeed charge such a fee) After all, it was 5:30pm on New Year's eve, I had a party to attend and it was getting late. When this rude man started yelling at me, my thought was simply this," wow, the new management really needs to know about this employee's bad temper and behavior. He is going to be terrible for business." He was physically puffed up and very threatening. I calmly asked if there was a manager I could speak to and he yelled at me that he was the property manager. I was even more shocked that a man in his position, in the Hospitality business, was behaving in such a manner. I then asked him for his name. He quickly scribbled the name "Frank" down on a piece of paper with the hotel's same phone number on it and thrust it at me. Then seconds later, still yelling and angrily raising his voice as well as his arms, he told me to get out. "Cancel her reservation, I don't want her here. She is a trouble maker." He turned to look at me and yelled "get out. Sue me! Good by!" Now I was really in shock. At no time did I ever raise my voice or act inappropriately to warrant such a violent outburst from this rude man. I calmly stated to the "property manager" that I was not trying to cause him any trouble, that I was merely questioning the up charge, and that it was New Year's eve. I asked if he really wanted to start his new year off in this manner. He kept yelling and escalating and then threatened to throw me out of his lobby saying that I was threatening to sue him and that I was a trouble maker. What I am, is a loyal customer and professional business woman who happened to be traveling on New year's eve with a disabled person who requires a service animal. And suddenly we were both thrown out into the cold, on New Years eve, without cause or justification and without a place to stay. I was left with no recourse, and no where to sleep. Happy New Year to the new Garden Vista Hotel! With such horrific and unprofessional treatment to your guests, I suspect that it will be a very short year for your new company unless "Frank" finds a new job. I give this experience minus 10 stars.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank e w
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
The person who wrote this review did not stay at our hotel. We have contacted Trip Advisor to have the reviewed removed.
irvine
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Stayed at Garden Vista Hotel for two nights this past week while visiting in Palm Springs. The staff here were very nice and I got a great deal for queen beds, two week nights, through expedia for less than $120. They offer free wii fi here, a pool, and ample free parking. The rooms are clean and spacious, but a bit outdated. There's a mini fridge and microwave in each of the rooms so it's pretty convenient. Only a few minutes from downtown the location is great and just off the 111 on Palm Canyon Drive. They also provide free breakfast in the morning, but it's take it or leave it (cereal, juice, coffee, wrapped bread slices, and pastries that all look like you could've just picked them up from seven-eleven - but hey, it's free). The water in the bathroom was kind of milky, but like one other guest said, I guess it's the minerals from the dessert. Good hotel for the price we paid, but expect basic amenities in the room (don't expect extra towels or your standard individualed botteled hotel toilettries)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank frances c
Frances,
We appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay with us. The hotel staff & management strive to deliver the best overall hotel experience for each of our guest's. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We booked a room here because we stayed when it was the Shilo and it was great.

Well, we weren't disappointed. The room was clean and comfortable, great water pressure in the shower, firm, supportive but soft mattress. I love that one can open the patio door and get fresh air into the room!

The rates were great! We decided to extend our stay to seven days and the staff could not have been more accommadating to us.

The breakfast is a little limited, but sufficient to start the day.

We look forward to staying again in the near future. Thanks Garden Vista Staff!!

Room Tip: all rooms have courtyard views and the entrances are off the highway, so noise is at a minimum.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
David,
Thank you for sending us your feedback on your stay. The hotel management and staff work diligently to deliver the best overall hotel experience for each of our guest's and we will be sure to pass on your kind words to them. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels take you back to Palm Springs.
Jüri
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We all loved this hotel. Receptionists are all really nice, helpful and polite.
Rooms are comfortable. It seemed that the double rooms with king bed were renovated and two queen bed were older.
Pool and jaquzzi were nice - the water in jaquzzi was maybe even too warm :)
Breakfast was again usual continental but with fresh oranges :) Would definately go back there again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Angela_Aule
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
The hotel staff and management would like to personally thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff and management; we look forward to your next stay with us when travelling to the Palm Springs area.
Inland Empire
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Had a week long stay here recently. The room was large, clean, quiet and reasonably priced. Room opened up on a lovely central area with 2 pools. The front desk staff were very helpful, particularly Frank who went the extra mile to provide excellent customer service. Great location.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for sending us your feedback on your stay with us. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to the hotel staff and management as they work diligently to deliver the best overall hotel experience to each of our guest's. We look forward to your next stay with us when your travels take you to the Palm Springs area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Springs
#3 of 5 in Tropic
Stone Canyon Inn
Stone Canyon Inn
#1 of 5 in Tropic

Been to The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs? Share your experiences!