“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY”

The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs
Ranked #64 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
New York
“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

This sorry excuse for a hotel is not even worth any more of my time, so therefore long story short if you're looking for a hotel with good service, quality stay and professional staff - DO NOT BOOK HERE. The staff at the front desk, Arthur and Josh G provided the worst service I've experienced in any service based business. Unprofessional, unintelligent, inarticulate and 100% rude and awful is all I can say about the management and staff of this terrible hotel. Have a great weekend by booking and staying else where.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank NewYorkMango
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The hotel staff and management work diligently to deliver the best overall hotel experience to each of our guests. We look forward to another opportunity to exceed all of your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

The Garden Vista had everything we wanted: Pool (There is a separate Adult Pool), Nice Room, Free Breakfast, Exercise Room, and a Friendly Staff. While this is not a "Luxury" property, everything is well maintained and accessible. And, the price was a great value.

Room Tip: The rooms at the rear of the property on the ground floor give easy access to the "Adult"...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
George,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay with us. The hotel management and staff strive to deliver the best overall hotel experience to each of our guest's. We look forward to your next stay with us when your travels take you to the Palm Springs area.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We have just came back from Palm Springs. It was wonderful and restful weekend. Great mid size hotel. Great location and value. 2 pools and spas ( 1 family pool and one adult )
We were in the room in the ground floor. Very nice room, clean, conditioner worked more then well and not loud at all. Service was nice, people were super friendly and welcoming.
Continental breakfast was good. Served from 6-9am. Enough food, trust me. I have read some of previous reviews where breakfast was criticized. If you are a big eater, please go and stay in the big hotel with buffets all day long. We had European tourists staying at the same time, they were very pleased.
Moreover, we had a good time staying there and I recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
The hotel staff and management would like to thank you for sending us your feedback on your hotel stay. We take great pride in delivering the best overall hotel experience and we are pleased to know that we exceeded all of your expectations. We look forward to your next stay with us when travelling to the Palm Springs area.
Valencia, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I had read reviews of the Garden Vista, some good some not so good. I must say we stayed for a long weekend, rooms were clean, staff was professional and friendly, the hotel was very pet friendly as we traveled with our pups. This is a great place to stay if you want a nice comfy room at an inexpensive rate. There is a charge for the pets but we were not charged full price as the hotel appreciated our honesty. They do have a Continental Breakfast, which is just that. Perfect for a quick bite before starting the day. The pool was clean the grounds were clean. The rooms are dated but after speaking to other guests and other people in the community, the owner Frank who is a very pleasant man, has just purchased it less than 2 years ago. So in time I do believe there will be upgrades. And if not. It is still a great place to stay. So if you have read reviews on Yelp, you will read all the negatives. Read trip advisor, you will get the truth here. Oh and there are 2 pools one for families and one for adults where no kids are allowed and it is enforced. A great plus when you want peace.

Room Tip: Ground floor easy walk to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Mindy,
The hotel management and staff would like to thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. The hotel staff works diligently to deliver the best overall hotel experience for each of our guest's and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels take you to the Palm Springs area.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

wish there was away that I could add on to other users reviews as I also was at the
Garden Vista hotel from Saturday June 15 till today June 19. I actually had a good time, But I can also back up 100% of the review of Kaycee Davis as she is my Niece as I was there for everything she posted. I must agree this man FRANK has no people skills and needs to find a new business to occupy his time. I have Front desk experience, and I would have been mortified for any one to even think that I had treated a guest as this man treats his guest. As for the building and stay not as bad as I expected. Everything worked and was for the most part clean. We enjoyed the pools, but because of the palm trees the pools needed to be skimmed several times a day which did not happen. Also, they have some glitches in the check in process as when we extended our stay they did not get it in the system so house keeping did not show up on Monday, and Tuesday morning they when they come they were unaware we were still there, and then the front desk clerk came banging on our door wanting to know why we were still there.., but after a short trip to the front desk it was taken care of.. for the most part a very good family time.. but because of the Owner FRANK and his treatment of a 76 year old disabled woman by telling her you don't give a Damn about her and her family can go to Hell. because HE didn't like the review that my niece gave which can be read below by Kaycee Davis. Along with total disregard for his guest and their property I will NEVER STAY AT THIS PROPERTY AGAIN and will proclaim to all within hearing not to darken the door of The Garden Vista Hotel.
It is so sad that the owner is so petty and childish he would verbally attack an elderly woman because he did not agree with her grand daughter's review. it's just pathetic

Room Tip: Close to the pool is always good :)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Melissa46131
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. The hotel staff and management take great pride in delivering the best overall hotel experience for each of our guest's. The vast majority of comments about our hotel are very positive and your experience was certainly the exception and not the rule. We look forward to exceeding all of your expectations on your next stay with us

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

While the rooms here were clean, I watched the hotel manager, 'Frank' scream unnecessarily at a sweet little old lady while she checked out. The reasoning was unclear but I would never speak to an elder that way; it made for a very uncomfortable lobby.
My new iphone went missing while my boyfriend and I were swimming one evening, the only person that we saw enter the pool area was a hotel employee. When I inquired at Lost & Found I was treated like a paranoid schizophrenic which really boiled my blood.
I got home 2 days ago and my skin seems to be peeling from a really toxic amount of chlorine. I've never experienced this despite regular use of public/hotel pools.
Would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Just don't do it.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jennafer c
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed her last weekend with several friends and family. My parents decided we would stay here a few weeks ago when they came to Palm Springs to find a place for our large party. They agreed on a price with the owner and made a reservation. When they showed up the day of the front desk person had no record of the reservation for 12 rooms. A little scary but they sorted it out and gave him the agreed upon price.
Pros: The rooms are really clean and spacious and all of them open into the court yard/pool area. It is great that they have separate pools for famlies with children and adults only. Even though we were a mixed group, the adults were able to drink and listen to music and the pools are close enough so that we could visit the familes with kids in the other pool. The hotel itself is about a $7 cab ride to the center of palm springs and there are resturants and bars on the same block.

Cons: So even though I'm pretty laid back, a couple of things did bother me. The pool was definately over chlorinated. My friend's olive colored shorts turned orange after a few hours. Then, for some reason they decided to kick every one out on sat afternoon to put even more chlorine in the mix. After that, the tips of my blond hair turned green. Not faint green, like neon green. The same happened to my friend. Now, I didn't complain about this to the front desk so I can't say how they would have handled the complaint. Even though this had never happened to me before, I googled it and found that it would come out in a few days (which it did).
Also, on sat evening one of the pool attendants and his friend started hanging out with us and drinking our beers. Not that big a deal they seemed cool but later, another guest saw them take one of our pool floaties (the expensive kind with the net on the bottom). She saw us looking for it and said the attendant took it. How nice, we thought, he saved it for us. Only no body knew any thing about it the next day :/
Another member of our group also had a brand new laptop disappear from their room. Could it have been the staff? You would think in this information age, when eletronics can be tracked, people wouldn't do this. The front desk promised to let them know if they found any thing but the whole thing seemed shady.
Would I stay here again? I like that they are laid back about drinking and music and they were a great price for how nice the property is. If I did I wouldn't bring any thing valuable to the room though.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Red Ledges Inn
#3 of 5 in Tropic
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
Bryce Trails Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs? Share your experiences!