“Great Food, Service, and Ambiance, Diverse Crowd”
Review of Tropicale

Tropicale
Reserve with OpenTable
Tropicale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 329 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Encilia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had dinner at The Tropicale for the 2nd time last night. Our server was
Mike Smith (excellent) server. We really enjoyed our meal and the entire evening. Food was excellent, service excellent, a really nice place to take
anyone to. I would not say this is a family restaurant to take children to, but
it is a very nice, upscale, restaurant, with a very diverse crowd. Outside bar
is great. Music in diniing room and bar was just the right volume, and not so
overpowering that you had to scream. Great place, we will go back....
Thank you Mike Smith for making the dinner enjoyable.
Charlie DiCandilo & Jim McGuire

1  Thank jazchaz

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This restaurant was a class act from start to finish. The atmosphere was so lively and fresh with vibrant colors and people. We sat on the patio and our waitress was one of the best I have ever had. She was witty, knowledgeable, and so accommodating. The crowd was a riot. No wall flowers here. The food was to die for. I had the soft shell crab... the best soft shell crab i've tasted. Great for a date. Would be perfection for a group of friends. We'll be back.

1  Thank Emily H
Reviewed 4 August 2014

For a place with only a few veggie options, I was extremely pleased with my 'veggie bowl'. The flavor was amazing and there were a lot more vegetables than rice. I was told the shrimp was really good as well. Very busy on the weekends, make reservations. Atmosphere is very mixed and we had great service.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The service is very good. The cocktails and the food were good. Central location. Had filet mignon and salad. Fun place to go with friends in Palm Springs.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a lovely looking restaurant with good staff but this review is based purely on the food my wife and myself were served which was pretty abysmal.
We decided to start with Vietnamese spring rolls, these consisted of the normal meat/veg filling which was ok the problem lay with what they were wrapped in. The outer wrapping appeared to be what I can only describe as an extremely thick sausage skin, almost impossible to cut and having the chewy consistency of an elastic band, not a good start.
Wife followed on to have a steak which was full of fat and gristle,the pork chop I was presented with was quite frankly what I would expect to find at a very low end greasy spoon cafe, tried to cut the chop with steak knife provided to no avail would probably have had more success with a hammer and chisel. When I did eventually mange to cut through the meat? the taste was pretty appalling, very dry and chewy with the taste of old wallpaper paste.
At this point we decide to cut our losses pay the bill and leave the restaurant, not our worst culinary experience in Palm Springs but pretty close.
Don't know if we picked the wrong night or the wrong food but I would not recommend this establishment to anyone visiting this area.

2  Thank Johnsty