“Great Hotel - New and clean”

Hilton Garden Inn Palmdale
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Palmdale
Sacramento, CA
“Great Hotel - New and clean”
Reviewed 14 May 2009

I've recently been required to travel for my work and my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Palmdale was one less thing to worry about for a somewhat nervous new traveler like myself. The checkin was easy and the staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a movie theater, mall, and several nice restaurants within walking distance. The room was very clean and modern feeling.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2009

As a Hilton Diamond member with approximately 600,000 point and having stayed at Hilton brand hotels all over the world I want to share my thought about this hotel. I live in Florida and work in Palmdale. Before the opening of the hotel I would stay at the Hampton Inn. Very soon after opening I thought I would give it a try. From the time I checked in, the attention to detail was impeccable. The room was in perfect order, the service and hospitality rank in the top 3 hotels I’ve stayed in throughout the world (Including the Rome Cavalieri). I have returned several times to the HGI and every time the hotel has proven to exceed my expectations. It is evident that the staff enjoys working for the management and is proud of the hotel name. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank rgurell
calitriptraveler
Reviewed 22 December 2008

Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. After being told pets were allowed with a security depost when we made our reservations, we showed up at midnight trying to check in being told "sorry no pets are allowed". They were not willing to compromise even until the next morning. Trying to track down a boarding facility as well as calling family-members during the middle of the night after a 16 hour drive, is not what I call "customer service". As if that was not bad enough, I get home and have $400 of unknown charges hit my credit card even after I have the receipt slid under my door showing a zero balance at check-out. It's been two whole weeks since my stay and I still have not been able to cure the charges. Each time I am told I need to speak to a different manager who has yet to call me back.

Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank calitriptraveler
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 7 October 2008

Exhausted arriving at the hotel from delayed flights, I was sure happy to complete the quick details at the front desk adn arrive at my room. It was the standard size but seemed all the larger as I flopped down on the bed. Not your normal bed mind you, but a cradle of comfort. It was a sleep number bed. Ok so I slept - through the night (which is unheard of for me when I travel) and woke up to my wake up call. After a great hot shower I had a delicious breakfast (the toaster was really interesting) and tuned into my email in the restaurant. The staff were quite nice, very helpful, and when I mentioned the ratteling a/c - they offered to change my room. You can tell that this staff is service minded and there just to make my stay comfortable. A bell-boy took up the cart adn helped me move my bags to another floor. This room gave me a view of the valley. What a concept - service and comfort. This is the hotel I'll stay in again and again.

• Liked — The bed!, The Breakfast,. The incredible staff`
  • Disliked — It's Palmdale - the Wind
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Travelingabout1215
billyar
Reviewed 25 August 2008

At the risk of being rated not helpful I just have to slam this hotel even though I never made it to my room. HHonors members read on; others, its up to you.

I am an HHonors Diamond member for many years and a Starwood Platinum as well. I travel a lot and as a reward for my loyalty Hilton assures elite HHonors members the best possible service and rooms . Many Hilton properties strive to, at minimum, give members the best room in the reserved category and an upgrade if available. This hotel does neither.

Before arriving I checked the Hilton reservation system and saw all classes of rooms available. It was a weekend at a business hotel and there were probably 15 cars in the lot.

When I arrived at the front desk the clerk said they could not honor my request ( included on my reservation) for a higher floor and had me on the first floor of the five-floor hotel. In addition the window was just feet from the pool--the screaming kids were already going strong as it was about 4 p.m.

There was no way I could stay in that room. The clerk offered to downgrade me to get me away from the pool. But could offer me no other room similar to the one reserved. Gee thanks.

I asked about the suites that showed available on the Hilton website. I should automatically be upgraded to one anyway according to HHonors rules. Since the hotel assigned me the worst room in the house, how about getting me out of it with the upgrade I should have had anyway? Nope.

The clerk said none were available; when I pointed out that they were available online she said they just all went unavailable for unknown reasons. Yeah right. I dont think there were even enough guests in the hotel to fill the suites.

If this hotel does not want to participate in HHonors; fine, but they should let their guests know that. They care so little about their best customes they don't even try to honor a simple request for a higher floor. In fact, they gave me the worst room in the hotel. So much for all those elite benefits. Not here.

I wound up cancelling my reservation at the desk and leaving. While consulting my computer for alternative accomodations (Starwood, please build a hotel in the Antelope Valley!) the Hilton Garden Inn was still offering those same suites. I guess they came back online as soon as I left the building.

HHonors members be warned: THIS HOTEL DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE HHONORS PROGRAM.

I won't be back.