“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Palmdale
Tucson
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed here the night before an interview. Everyone from the reception staff to the bistro staff where very friendly. The room itself was adequate, though it's not shiny new, it was quiet, and had a comfortable bed. The breakfast in the morning at the bistro was delicious.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My stay here was prompted by sudden illness of a family member, so not the greatest of circumstances. But the staff have been extremely helpful and solicitous. The facility is clean and comfortable, the food is quite decent, and the coffee is excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for being our guest.
Palmdale, California
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I arrived late (10:30 pm), and walked in the lobby into a blast of chlorine-cleaner air; my eyes started watering instantly, and 45 minutes later are still watering and painful. The clerk at the desk was very professional and very friendly, but informed me that the elevator was 'still out', and would not be fixed until the next day (9, maybe 9:30 am...). I received a room on the 3rd floor, and carried my luggage up in two loads. Had I arrived earlier, I would not have checked in.

I passed two elderly couples pulling themselves up the stairs one step at a time and resting on the landings, and one younger couple lugging their bags up to their room. For the room price (not cheap), why not have someone onsite to assist with luggage when the elevator is down? Especially as it had been down for hours, apparently.

My room is very small and plain (economy look), but neat and visually clean, though it smells so strongly of cleaner that I have had to open the window and keep it open. It's been open 45 minutes, and the smell is slightly better, but it seems I will have to leave it open all night it I want to be able to sleep. Fortunately, I brought ear plugs so I won't hear the freeway, and am on the 3rd floor, so I should be safe with the window open all night.

Sadly, while the clerk at the front desk was very helpful and professional, she could do nothing about these circumstances except allow me to change my stay to a single night. .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank E R
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us and I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Although we have diligent pre-maintenance procedures in place, our equipment does occassionally fail. Thank you for your suggestions as some of our best ideas come from our guests. I look forward to speaking with you personal to determine what I can do to ensure your next stay with us is an exceptional experience.
Brunswick Junction, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Stayed three nights the staff were terrific and helped me out with 'questions, in house breakfast was delicious and rooms were clean and for me spacious, I will be back in 2014 and this will stay for alot longer.

Room Tip: Probably one facing carpark that where i was
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jdatwhiterocks
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your visit with us in 2014.
Reviewed 3 April 2013

The staff here was the best I have ever encountered. Lauren and Helen went out of their way to followup on requests - for directions to hiking trails, after hour coffee, help with printing at the business center. My colleagues stayed at another non Marriott hotel nearby. I debated switching, but usually prefer Marriotts. I'm glad I stayed here, due to the staff!!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank jkahunas
Daniel L, Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I will be certain to share your kind remarks with Lauren and Helen.
Rapid City
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I was working out of Palmdale for 3 weeks. My company put me up in Courtyard Marriott and I couldn't have been more pleased. The staff was amazing and extremely helpful. Robin at the bistro was there to greet me with a smile every morning and the French Toast she made was to die for... Hermon at the front desk was very nice. Since I was on the road for 3 weeks I needed to do laundry, I had come back late to the hotel and all the laundry was full, Hermon offered to take care of my laundry and called me when everything was done. I wouldn't have had any clean clothes if she hadn't taken care of me. Thank you very much Hermon....

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time share your experience with us. I know Robin and Hermon will be thrilled when we share your remarks at our next employee event. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to serving you during your next visit with us.
Cleburne, Texas
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I received the best in customer service from this hotel on my recent stay. This facility offers a bistro from which to order food. Helen at the front desk told me to call her to order and she would call me when my food was ready so I didn't have to wait downstairs. THEN she actually offered to bring my food to my room on the 3rd floor! Please keep in mind this facitlity doesn't traditionally offer room service, it was just her way of making my stay enjoyable. Thanks, Helen!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business