“Nice Stay but no elevator”
Review of Courtyard Palmdale

Courtyard Palmdale
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Palmdale
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed here other than the hotel next to it because I wanted to try something new. I read in the other reviews about the elevator being out but I thought that can't still be the case. Well guess what. No elevator. I checked in and went to get my bag to take to my room. I went to find the elevator and the lady snapped and said you'll have to climb the stairs. No sorry, I apologize, anything. Also at check in I showed all my ID and the lady who was very nice said something I found funny. "Okay well guess I will trust you" I didn't quite understand that but maybe made to much out of it. The hotel is beautiful and clean but I didn't like you weren't served a complimentary breakfast as the hotel across the way does. I stay at many hotels and have never not been offered a complimentary breakfast. It's a nice place to stay but just check other hotels in the area if you want breakfast and a working elevator.

Room Tip: If you don't mind climbing stairs get a room on the 3rd floor as a nice breeze comes in the wind...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I would like to apologize for the non-functioning elevator and breakfast not being included in your rate. I know this is a great inconvenience for our guests when equipment fails, but rest assured we have repaired the malfunction. We do have a breakfast included rate available at a great value as well. Please feel free to contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to assist you with reserving a suite for your next trip to Palmdale.

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Everyone at this hotel excels in customer service!! All are friendly, polite, helpful, & courteous! Jessica, at the front desk, was so personable & accommodating from the first moment. The bistro staff was terrific as well. One of the best Courtyards we've ever experienced!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us here at the Courtyard. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed here the night before an interview. Everyone from the reception staff to the bistro staff where very friendly. The room itself was adequate, though it's not shiny new, it was quiet, and had a comfortable bed. The breakfast in the morning at the bistro was delicious.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My stay here was prompted by sudden illness of a family member, so not the greatest of circumstances. But the staff have been extremely helpful and solicitous. The facility is clean and comfortable, the food is quite decent, and the coffee is excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I arrived late (10:30 pm), and walked in the lobby into a blast of chlorine-cleaner air; my eyes started watering instantly, and 45 minutes later are still watering and painful. The clerk at the desk was very professional and very friendly, but informed me that the elevator was 'still out', and would not be fixed until the next day (9, maybe 9:30 am...). I received a room on the 3rd floor, and carried my luggage up in two loads. Had I arrived earlier, I would not have checked in.

I passed two elderly couples pulling themselves up the stairs one step at a time and resting on the landings, and one younger couple lugging their bags up to their room. For the room price (not cheap), why not have someone onsite to assist with luggage when the elevator is down? Especially as it had been down for hours, apparently.

My room is very small and plain (economy look), but neat and visually clean, though it smells so strongly of cleaner that I have had to open the window and keep it open. It's been open 45 minutes, and the smell is slightly better, but it seems I will have to leave it open all night it I want to be able to sleep. Fortunately, I brought ear plugs so I won't hear the freeway, and am on the 3rd floor, so I should be safe with the window open all night.

Sadly, while the clerk at the front desk was very helpful and professional, she could do nothing about these circumstances except allow me to change my stay to a single night. .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank E R
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us and I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Although we have diligent pre-maintenance procedures in place, our equipment does occassionally fail. Thank you for your suggestions as some of our best ideas come from our guests. I look forward to speaking with you personal to determine what I can do to ensure your next stay with us is an exceptional experience.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Stayed three nights the staff were terrific and helped me out with 'questions, in house breakfast was delicious and rooms were clean and for me spacious, I will be back in 2014 and this will stay for alot longer.

Room Tip: Probably one facing carpark that where i was
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jdatwhiterocks
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your visit with us in 2014.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

The staff here was the best I have ever encountered. Lauren and Helen went out of their way to followup on requests - for directions to hiking trails, after hour coffee, help with printing at the business center. My colleagues stayed at another non Marriott hotel nearby. I debated switching, but usually prefer Marriotts. I'm glad I stayed here, due to the staff!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank jkahunas
Daniel L, Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I will be certain to share your kind remarks with Lauren and Helen.