Courtyard Palmdale
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$178
GardenInn.com
US$93
US$153
Element.com
Best Western Plus John Jay Inn & Suites(Palmdale)(Great Value!)
US$91
BestWestern.com
US$70
US$157
All reviewsmarriott propertiesbusiness hotelmexican restaurantresidence innhave stayed here several timesstaff went out of their waygreat amenitiesroom was cleanfirst floorbusiness tripbreakfast was deliciousconvenient locationindoor poolmorning breakfastparking lotthe breakfast areanice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed in 3 different hotels during my 3 night stay in Southern California. The Courtyard by Marriott in Palmdale, CA was the best by far!! The staff were more than friendly from Michelina who checked me in to another staff member who was there later as I walked by to the housekeeping staff who asked me in the hallway as I was leaving if my room was up to my standards (which it was!). Although the bathroom may not be as updated as some hotels, it was definitely clean and nicely appointed with coffeemaker and blowdryer. The linens on the beds were perfect for a great sleep - white as snow sheets, beautiful white puckered top sheet that looked like a duvet cover (instead of a yucky bedspread), and the sheets even smelled good every time I turned over as if they had been spritzed by scented sheet spray!!

The carpets were fairly new (or looked it), the TV was a nice flat-screen TV, it had a microwave and small refrigerator which was useful to keep sodas cold. The hotel was close to what I needed (a gas station with mini-mart, the Antelope Valley mall where I did a little shopping and restaurants).

The only thing I can say that wasn't "great" was I was on the freeway side and the noise during the day was pretty bad, but at night I really didn't notice it.

This was definitely the best hotel I stayed in during my 3-night stay in Southern California. Thank you Courtyard by Marriott in Palmdale!! I definitely recommend you!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel seems to need a "make over" badly. It appears more like a motel.
However, clean, and friendly front desk.
Rooms have no real atmosphere....the bed linens, however were good.
The Hilton Garden Inn, in the same vacinity is much better.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as we are always making effort to improve our guests experience. We are pleased that you enjoyed our clean and friendly facilities.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

The rooms were quiet, even as close as it was to the freeway, no worries there. Bed was comfortable, room darkened nicely in daytime with drapes. Very clean, well kept up.

Breakfast was a bit of a letdown though. Bacon was overly greasy and overdone. Toast was good, eggs were good.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast at Subway, kittycorner to the property.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you for posting your experience. We are pleased when our guests can provide us with feedback that will help us to continue and improve. Feel free to contact me directly to further discuss the details of your stay.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

First things first. This property is next to the Highway and has noisy mini fridge. Once you get past this you will like the place. I recommend the third floor because the pricing break for this hotel will attract families with kids. The jacuzzi water temp was just right. The fitness room is available 24 hours and it is normal tiny workout room. The location is perfect you have easy access to all your needs. The staff is super and very caring. I would repeat again if I'm in the area. Also, be wear there is a cluster of hotels in this parcel of land so if there is a big event in town parking could be painful.

Room Tip: Third Floor not facing highway if possible may not be doable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us here in Palmdale. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night after driving our family back to Lancaster, CA after a Thanksgiving Holiday in Santa Clara, CA. I stayed here in 2011 during their remodel due to my father's illness (thank God he is better and T-Day was spent with him!).

This review separates customer service from the actual hotel which sadly is lacking after the remodel "touches" granted the lobby area does look like a miniature version of what you see in most of the newer Courtyards (flat screen TVs, modern, sleek and minimalist interior design). The remodel isn't noticeable elsewhere in the hotel.

CUSTOMER SERVICE (5/5 possible points): These our some of the nicest hotel employees that I have encountered in many years of travel and a definite upgrade from the pre-remodel crew. There was one excellent clerk who was by far the nicest during my 2011 stay...but they have surrounded her with many equally nice and effective clerks for 2013. Another made my wife and I excellent Starbucks Decaf coffee after our 10pm-ish check in, she seemed to be a wonderful person and we were extremely happy with her generosity and the coffee was excellent! Even the security guard was nice and on top of things (this is located in Palmdale-Lancaster which has developed a significant crime problem over the last 15-20 years).

The service people are a 5 out of 5 easily and the managers or general manager need to be complimented for hiring a sharp and genuinely friendly crew. To be honest, they make it worth the stay but the property itself is a step behind others of the same hotel class.

THE PROPERTY (2/5): So to be honest, this Courtyard is the quality of a decent Fairfield which is a on a lower rung of the Marriott family. Also, it is an older property so much of what I say here can not be changed....but still so many issues:

1) The elevator is filthy by Courtyard standards....it would be acceptable or even nice for a Red Roof or Super 8...but it could be improved especially since there was a remodel in the lobby.

2) The room's walls are paper thin, early morning activity in neighboring rooms of the floor above seems like listening to military maneuvers or organized marching. Its loud and wakes you up.

3) So too does the noise from the freeway. We stayed at a newer Courtyard in Campbell, CA for three nights right by the freeway and slept like babies. Don't know what they can do since they have done a remodel already.

4) The rooms really are small for a Courtyard again, they are the size of a Fairfield Inn. Fortunately we were able to take advantage of an "off-season" good deal, but I usually don't stay here because they tend to be overpriced. (When I stayed in 2011 it was a good deal due to their remodel and lower pricing).

5) The beds were soft and seemed to be older mattresses.....very difficult to find that "sweet" spot and get a good nights rest especially with all the noise in the morning between people checking out and the maid service cleaning rooms and knocking on doors.

6) The temperature unit was "tricky." It was one of those wall units vs. the central air/heat you see in other Marriotts [the wall mount is there but it doesn't work]. The unit is a little slow to start and works on an intermittent cycle that makes it hard to change the temperature if for example it gets entirely too toasty.

7) It is really warm and stuffy in this hotel, when we went outside the Antelope Valley fall weather was much more refreshing.

FINAL ANALYSIS: The SERVICE IS OUTSTANDING and the clerks here are exemplary....excellent people and I am sure the same holds true for management!!! The service makes it worth staying if you you are able to secure a good deal and afford the rates. Otherwise, as stated, the property itself is still not equal to other Courtyards and if this is your expectation you will be let down.

Room Tip: Try and request a room that faces the Residence Inn across the parking lot. Also, 3rd floor noise will be much better in the morning versus the 1rst or 2nd floor (where we stayed).
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to respond about your experience here as our guest. We sincerely appreciate the feedback as it truly helps to improve. We are looking forward to your next visit as our room renovation should be complete by this time in 2014.