“Great hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Palmdale
Brunswick Junction, Western Australia, Australia
“Great hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at here and won't be my last, the staff from front of house right through to catering, maintenance were all very friendly and helpful, I had a wonderful stay and look forward to my return in 2015
Thanks John

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful remarks. We greatly appreciate your business an look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Like all Marriott preperties the Palmdale facility has a very nice, welcoming lobby with lots of seating, flat screens and customer wi-fi stations. The rooms are fairly vanilla and are starting to show their age. (When will hotels learn that wallpaper in the bathroom will ALWAYS peel and curl?) The room was clean and well appointed but the furniture sagged a bit. The best part of my stay was the extremely friendly and helpful staff who seemed to be sincerely glad I was staying there. Not a bad place to hang your hat just off the freeway if you have to be away from home, but not anything I would look forward to for a vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for your post and sharing your experience with our team. We are actually slated for a full rooms renovation this year, which will update our rooms. Thank you again and we are looking forward to serving you in the future.
Dana Point, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I always enjoy staying at a Courtyard. I've been a fan of Courtyards for the past 20 years.
I had to chuckle when I read another review from a previous first who mentioned the "Motel feel" needed a makeover! This Marriott appears to be very fresh, with the new Bistro type theme and well lit halls with tasteful decor and very clean carpet. The rooms are fresh smelling and the linen is spotless!

Mu only beef and it's a personal preference is the whole Bistro concept. I preferred the older model where the breakfast was a full service hot breakfast arrangement. It seems Hotels now are trying to move completely away from dealing with serving food in a full service type of arrangement. I think it's a cost issue and it's too bad. There's Pyrex plastic plates now and disposable e everything. Folks, we need to start caring for our environment and creating less waste! And it needs to start at the corporate level!

Otherwise, a great stay as I would expect from Marriott!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your response. We are so happy that you enjoy your experience with Courtyard and thank you for your loyalty! We are making efforts to reduce our waste and continue to make strides towards a greener operation. Thank you again for your business as it is greatly appreciated. We are looking forward to serving you in the future.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed in 3 different hotels during my 3 night stay in Southern California. The Courtyard by Marriott in Palmdale, CA was the best by far!! The staff were more than friendly from Michelina who checked me in to another staff member who was there later as I walked by to the housekeeping staff who asked me in the hallway as I was leaving if my room was up to my standards (which it was!). Although the bathroom may not be as updated as some hotels, it was definitely clean and nicely appointed with coffeemaker and blowdryer. The linens on the beds were perfect for a great sleep - white as snow sheets, beautiful white puckered top sheet that looked like a duvet cover (instead of a yucky bedspread), and the sheets even smelled good every time I turned over as if they had been spritzed by scented sheet spray!!

The carpets were fairly new (or looked it), the TV was a nice flat-screen TV, it had a microwave and small refrigerator which was useful to keep sodas cold. The hotel was close to what I needed (a gas station with mini-mart, the Antelope Valley mall where I did a little shopping and restaurants).

The only thing I can say that wasn't "great" was I was on the freeway side and the noise during the day was pretty bad, but at night I really didn't notice it.

This was definitely the best hotel I stayed in during my 3-night stay in Southern California. Thank you Courtyard by Marriott in Palmdale!! I definitely recommend you!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Anaheim Hills, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel seems to need a "make over" badly. It appears more like a motel.
However, clean, and friendly front desk.
Rooms have no real atmosphere....the bed linens, however were good.
The Hilton Garden Inn, in the same vacinity is much better.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as we are always making effort to improve our guests experience. We are pleased that you enjoyed our clean and friendly facilities.
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

The rooms were quiet, even as close as it was to the freeway, no worries there. Bed was comfortable, room darkened nicely in daytime with drapes. Very clean, well kept up.

Breakfast was a bit of a letdown though. Bacon was overly greasy and overdone. Toast was good, eggs were good.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast at Subway, kittycorner to the property.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for posting your experience. We are pleased when our guests can provide us with feedback that will help us to continue and improve. Feel free to contact me directly to further discuss the details of your stay.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

First things first. This property is next to the Highway and has noisy mini fridge. Once you get past this you will like the place. I recommend the third floor because the pricing break for this hotel will attract families with kids. The jacuzzi water temp was just right. The fitness room is available 24 hours and it is normal tiny workout room. The location is perfect you have easy access to all your needs. The staff is super and very caring. I would repeat again if I'm in the area. Also, be wear there is a cluster of hotels in this parcel of land so if there is a big event in town parking could be painful.

Room Tip: Third Floor not facing highway if possible may not be doable.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us here in Palmdale. Thank you for your business.