“Incredibly deceptive but decent place to kick up your feet.”
Review of Ramada Palmdale

Ramada Palmdale
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Palmdale
“Incredibly deceptive but decent place to kick up your feet.”
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Their description on priceline was chock full of attractive points "plush robe and slippers provided, all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet, great workout area, etc." Well, it was nice, but it had almost nothing it offered. No robe or slippers period. Free breakfast, but it wouldn't feed a three year old, much less an adult. My wife and I ordered the free breakfast (which you are required to tip for) then went out to jack-in-the-box to finish our breakfast. The bed had a pillowtop and was just great. We slept very well. The bathroom was mostly clean. The old shower curtain still had the Ramada logo on it and looked like it had been used for a decade or three. I never dis find the exercise room, either. The pool was very nice, as you can dive into the deep end (8.5 feet) from the esge of the pool. My wife cut her foot on the broken cup on the bottom of the pool. Lots of debris littered the bottom of that pool. It may be worth the money staying there, but I would not have payed $58 a night if I had not been misled by their description.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sherwood, Oregon
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Our team stayed at your hotel during a softball tournament and had a great experience. The rooms were very spacious and the beds comfy. The rooms looked new and it was nice having 2 queen beds versus two double beds. The breakfast was a nice variety and they were open early enough for us to eat before leaving for the tournament. The price was reasonable as well. This is appreciative especially when we travel so many weekends. Helps the budget and is easier on the pocketbook for sure.

Thank you to the entire staff. What a great group of people. They were very accommodating.

We didnt use the spa - Just the pool so I am not really able to rate the spa. The pool was nice though and the girls enjoyed swimming.

We will definitely come back to the Palmdale Hotel in the future when we come out for tournaments.

Room Tip: All of our rooms with 2 queens are the same and equally nice
Maple Valley, Washington
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel is not like the pictures. It is run down and needs a remodel. Noticed it as soon as we arrived but thought maybe it was just the halls. When we got into our room we found out that it continued. There was paint peeling, cracked sink and counters in bathroom. Stains in tub and the floor was kinda gross. Carpet needs to be replaced and the curtains were full of dust so that when you opened them you wanted to hold your breath. Not for sure when the last time they washed the windows. They were so bad that you could barely see out of them. The biggest thing was that the toliet took several flushes to flush. (not what you want when your staying with 3 other friends) Can you tell that I didn't like the room. We wanted to leave and the front desk said we could but would have to still pay for the night because we didn't give them a 72 hr. notice. Not for sure if that is legal but we stayed and immediately left the next morning. They did have a great breakfast and the front desk lady was doing her best. She seemed to be all alone running this hotel. We needed pillows and more towels and were told to come down and get them?????????? Crazy! Oh well, lesson learned. Lots of nicer hotels in Lancaster, which is just 5 minutes down the road.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here until you have heard that they have completely remodeled!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Palmdale hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Pictures say a thousand words but in this case very deceptive. The hotel is old and run down. Our bathroom sheet rock was exposed and peeling. The screens on the "patio" were visibly broken and so much bird poop we couldn't enjoy opening the patio door. Every day we were there, there was a work crew sitting outside smoking and drinking beer. Very few guests were there and it was obvious why.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Santee, California
Reviewed 10 July 2013

For several all star seasons our softball teams have booked a block of rooms at this hotel, and every year it has gone downhill. This year was the worst. In many of the rooms families from our group reported various bugs in their rooms, very unkempt and unclean hotel conditions and extremely unknowledgeable, unfriendly and unhelpful staff. Pool was always dirty, Jacuzzi was broken, ice machines never worked, and to top it all off upon returning to my room from a long day at the fields our door was wide open. I immediately called the front desk to report this incident. The person that answered was extremely rude and not helpful whatsoever!!!!! When I called to make my reservation, I was told that there was no thur. stay available. Several days later two parents from our team called to book the thur and had no problem doing so. Therefore I called to check on availability and I was treated very disrespectfully and asked to speak to a manager. I was told that they were not available and that they would call me the following afternoon. This did not happen. Upon my arrival on Friday July 5, I inquired about this and was told she knew nothing about it. There is a sign that clearly states that the rooms are all smoke free. This is most definitely not the case. I smelled smoke throughout the halls and even in my room daily. I am very allergic to cigarette smoke so this was completely unacceptable. Since most hotels were completely booked I was stuck there. I mentioned this to the front desk when checking out and they could not accommodate or refund my money. Very, very, disappointing. I know the president of our league quite well and I will guarantee that no one from our league will be returning to your hotel!!!

Room Tip: DO NOT CHOOSE THIS HOTEL.... it is a haven for druggies and prostitutes!! DIRTY and DISGUSTING!!!!!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here for a State softball Tournament with the team. Not a very safe spot if you have even a few valuables on you, nonetheless allow your children to walk to vending machine. Marijuana permeated the halls. We came back to our room to find the door open. Other members on our team had the same happen to them and they were on different floors. We stayed on the 1st floor which we found out was a haven for druggies that were living on the premises. The old prostitutes at the bus stop should have been a good sign of what was to come. Sliding glass door did not lock, just a bar stop in the window. Pool was cold, jacuzzi out of order. Roaches visible in some rooms, carpet so filthy you do not want to be barefoot. Nightclub on premises every night. Ice maker barely worked. The list goes on. Had they not been sold out due to Tournament, I would have left much sooner. Yuck, never again! 2 night stay was $250, what a rip off!

Room Tip: Not in this place!
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable beds. They use a reservation agency off site, who does not retain booking info, have to repeat info with each reservation. Booked a king, upon arrival only queens available. Both ice machines broken. Lighting in room a challenge to operate. No exhaust fans in bathroom, steamed up quickly. No toilet paper holder, roll just placed in slot. Wash cloth stained. Location is good, staff friendly, elevator noisy at night, hotel quiet otherwise. AC works wonderfully. Despite flaws, I feel safe there and would stay there again, but well away from the elevator.

• Stayed June 2013