“Wonderful sushi, wonderful service”
Review of Jin Sho

Jin Sho
Ranked #40 of 364 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I've eaten here twice now. Both times I had an excellent experience. The service was attentive, and the food was very good. I also had one of the sake samplers - most enjoyable. The only downside was how cramped the tables were - it wasn't so easy to slide effortlessly between tables to take my seat. You can find cheaper sushi, but the quality of the food and the experience make it worth an occasional visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

If you are passionate about Japanese cuisine, this is the "must go" place. Food is fresh and delicious, personnel is attentive and quick. It's a bit pricy, but affordable and delicious dishes absolutely worth it. Their new El Camino roll is fantastic!

In short, positive emotions from the trip to Jin Sho are guaranteed.

P.S. I was there with a bunch of friends, but it's a very nice place for a date as well.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

The best Japanese food I have ever had. I can call the restaurant "a small hidden gem." About 10-15 tables. Nothing specially decorated. Two chefs with fantastic experience started in Japan, then in the US. It was seven of us, so we managed to order many from the menu to share and taste. Astonishing taste and quality, from starters to desserts. Wonderful service. Strongly recommended.

1  Thank Michaelnov
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Very very good sushi. Possibly the best in the S.F. Bay area. Authentic and delectable Japanese fare on the menu. Executive chefs from some of New York's finest establishments. Price point is a little bit high, but it's worth it, worth it. Great place, love it.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Jin Sho is a real treat. We go there for dinner several times per month. The sake samplers are a wonderful deal. Do try the oyster sampler, and the Kobe beef - yes, the beef is pricey, but oh so worth it! Masa is a great chef. He is very creative, and has very high standards. We have been bringing our kids since it opened. It certainly is also a date place, but I see a lot of larger parties there as well.

2  Thank american_foxhound