“"Bottom of the Barrel in Palo Alto"” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oak Motel Palo Alto

Oak Motel Palo Alto
Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Visalia
“"Bottom of the Barrel in Palo Alto"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

To be honest it was passable because I was traveling with 2 other guys on a road trip for the UCLA vs. Stanford game and it did the trick. However, not a place to take your wife and kids. It was expensive because of the game and it was homecoming. Not worth half the price we paid. Small rooms, old tv's, leaking AC unit, and old bedding. Positives? There was a refrigerator in the room and the location. I have stayed at many other properties in Palo Alto and this one was the worst yet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Proudirishdad
Diana J, Owner at Oak Motel Palo Alto, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
We're so disappointed to hear this. While we're glad it did the trick while you were in town for the game, just passable is never what we like to hear. Are you in the area often? We're currently renovating so we'd love to have you back and see what you think of our updated rooms! Hoping to have you back, Oak Motel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fresno, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

The lower level units revealed a high degree of sound from the unit above. A little tight in interior space but worked for one person if all you were going to do was sleep. The comfort of the bed was very good and the shower provided very good water pressure, just a little tight in room. The room was set-up for two to four people, but the bath room would not have worked for two people, too small. Overall I would stay again, if I can get a little better deal on the nightly rate, if not then I will do a little shopping for an alternative.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Phillip L
Diana J, Owner at Oak Motel Palo Alto, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Phillip. We're happy to hear that your stay with us was a good one. We're actually renovating right now, so hopefully next time you stay with us will be less cramped and even more comfortable!

Hope to have you back soon,
Yorba Linda, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had! Disgusting rooms, smelly and dirty! Management is extremely rude and on the scary side! DO NOT STAY HERE! It is dirty and not safe! If no other choice, stay in your car! At least you will not have to worry about scary managers and rats in your room! Run from this place, in fact don't even bother going! Again, DO NOT STAY AT THE OAK MOTEL PALO ALTO!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Monica K
Diana J, Owner at Oak Motel Palo Alto, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
As you can imagine, I'm disheartened to hear this, Monica. We hold our cleaning staff to a high standard, so I'm disappointed that your room wasn't up to par. We've heard your complaints and are working on remodeling right now. I hope you'll give us another shot next time you're in Palo Alto and come see our new amenities!

Hoping to have you back soon,

Travellers are raving about these Palo Alto hotels

Yorba Linda, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Wow. not worth even $20 per night. This is a scam hotel. Dirty , disgusting, dishonest. You stay here because the jail is full for the night. The manager was abusive. Many reviews online make the same thing clear.

Room Tip: Do not use this hotel under any circumstance. It is a criminal operation.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Scott K
Diana J, Owner at Oak Motel Palo Alto, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
While we always welcome constructive feedback, it’s truly disappointing to read this review. It’s disheartening to hear you found our hotel “dirty,” “disgusting,” and “dishonest” as that’s not feedback we typically receive, nor is it the impression we wish to leave on our guests. We would never dream of disrespecting our guests, and cringe hearing you’d prefer a jail cell over one of our rooms. That’s a very bold statement and we can’t help but question its validity. Overall, if you have any constructive feedback to share, we’d love to hear it. We believe our customers deserve to be treated with respect, and we hope you’ll show us the same courtesy.

Regards,
Walnut Creek, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

This is a place to stay for the night, nothing more. Despite being less than I would like, I've stayed here more than once because of the location and the price, since all I wanted was a nights sleep.

Pluses: The prices are fairly reasonable as compared with motels of equal quality in this area some of which have doubled in the last two years. The location is near enough to Silicon Valley and Stanford to make it quite convenient. There is TV and free wireless internet.

Minus: The rooms have a odor to them; it might be mold or mildew from the air conditioners, but its not pleasant. On one of my stays the rug near the bathroom was soaking wet, hopefully just tab water. The rooms and the premises could use a little spiffing up.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Shane D
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

I was told by my boss, who gave a high rate. So I chose this motel this time with my family. It is really very close to my company, and price is reasonable. The free breakfast is also acceptable, Mike, coffee, bread and donuts are all offered. It would be great if eggs can be added to its' breakfast. I prefer to stay at this motel next time.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Central Valley, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

the room was so gross, snot stains on the wall. please don't ever go, sleep in your car if you must! at 1. I heard a shuffle going through my bags and that's when I had enough. I went to the front counter and asked for a 10 percent refund on my credit card and he told me ”No”! I explained that there was a rat in my belongings that came from his hotel room, surely i didn't bring it 300 miles with me. he then told me that someone was living there for a whole month and checked out the morning I arrived, and never complained of a rat. The man at the front counter was the owner I found out, he was unapologetic, rude, & had bad business practices when it came to customer service. This motel is more for the homeless looking for shelter for the night or a drug addict looking for a place to take a hit.

• Stayed February 2013
Hilton Garden Inn Palo Alto
Mountain View Inn
Mountain View Inn
#10 of 18 in Mountain View

Been to Oak Motel Palo Alto? Share your experiences!