“European cuisine”

Add it.
Babbo's
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Many lamb dishes available here, shank is a favorite as well as a good lambwich. Their version of the Bouillabaise is plentiful and a little spicey.

The potatoes in gratin dauphinois are out of this world heavenly and very very pricey!!!

1  Thank sherlock1954

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Babbo's (dad in Toscano dialect) remains my favorite restaurant in the Bay Area. It's been around for over 25+ years, and it is not surprising. The friendly owners, Laslo and Paulette, are almost always around, specially during lunch; the ambiece is very nice and pleasant to the eyes, specially because of Andrea's art work (daughter), which is really beautiful. The food, ALWAYS good, fresh ingredients, truly Mediterranean recipes. Excellent selection of wines. I have been going to Babbos for 20+ years, and never disapppointed! My favorites? I love everything in the menu but go back to my poached salmon salad. Sea bass, pizza valdostana, etc You can pick up almost anything in the menu and will never be disappointed.

2  Thank francina l
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Out-of-towners looking around for a place to eat lunch while at the Mall, we came upon Babbo's. The menu looked interesting, so we went in. The small tables were pretty full, but we were able to get seated at the back within a relatively short time. The food was pretty good, albeit the servings were a tad small for the price. My wife had the spinach salad, while I tried the gorgonzola pear salad. Both were very tasty; this was the highlight of the lunch. Service was a bit slow. The waiters all were older, giving the place an aura of having been a successful fixture in the Mall for a long time. Unfortunately, if the waiters have been there for a while, they still haven't learned to always come back to see if you want seconds on your drinks; seems like refills would be nice when you're paying $3 plus for your tea or Pepsi. The atmosphere is subdued, and quite pleasant. We were able to carry on a conversation without having to shout, despite the number of customers present. Overall, while the experience was OK, it certainly could have been better.

1  Thank WYbirdwatcher
Reviewed 23 August 2012

food was great, service was ok but a little pricey. Forgot to bring us the dessert menu and a little disappointed in selection. Salad and pasta was very good but prices were a little high for what you got and nothing was included.

1  Thank Virginia Z
Reviewed 29 March 2012

What a consistently horrible experience. We sat for 10 minutes before the waiter handed us a menu. Then another 15 minutes before our order went in. 45 minutes after arriving our cold and tasteless pizza arrived. My Caesar salad was limp and soggy; the dressing consisted of a cup of a salt and a blob of mayo. I was so thirsty I asked for a refill of the watery iced tea and found later they charge for refills. My companion had a glass of wine for $9.50 that he left untouched as it was undrinkable. The bill came to $65 for horrid pizza and a salty salad. This place only survives because people don't want to wait for a table at Max's Opera Café.

5  Thank Calistoga Grower