Garden Court Hotel
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
Stanford Park Hotel(Menlo Park)
Stanford Inn(Menlo Park)
Hotel Lucent(Menlo Park)
View Hotel
All reviewsil fornaiomolton brown toiletriesheart of downtowneuropean feeluniversity avenuemarble bathroomtrufflecoffee and pastriesboutique hotelsmall thingswedding nightbeautiful hotelstreet levelturn down servicefresh fruitevery morninglittle touches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My Sister got married there from the begining to end, they were so acomodating with every request, the rooms were so beautiful and clean That I took my shoes off.
Fromthe manager to the valet attendant everyone was so nice. my family liked this bell boy from El salvador he has been there for like 20 years. He was helful and corteus, the party was awesome.
I ussually dont ake the time to write reviews but I have some espare time lately.
I hope you guys dont take forever to post this one like the last one I wrote. I hope you are more honest than Yelp

Room Tip: all rooms are great, but my sister and brother in law had the penthouse, awesome garden and everything
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Luis D
Reviewed 28 October 2011

This excellent hotel is located in the heart of Palo Alto. Unsurprisingly, it is very traditional and conservative in appearance both inside and out. Service was excellent. Our room was very comfortable, clean and well maintained. The only caution: we asked for a quiet room, and they gave us one facing the interior courtyard, which would have been fine except that a function was occurring in the courtyard that night which was rather noisy. So you may want to ask a few more questions than we did if you are looking for peace and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Architectandmusician
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I stayed at the hotel in October 2011 for business. The decor is delicious and I would stay there for vacation or for business in the future without a second thought.

This was a perfect business hotel. The staff was very helpful, and they have two nice little business centers. Before I even got there, I called and asked about restaurants for a Sunday night that were open late nearby, and immediately got an email from the front desk person with suggestions for places on the way from the airport. And the valet went out of his way to find my Blackberry in the garage (thank goodness)!

The housekeeping staff also was really respectful that I was working in the room, and if I told one of them that I didn't want service that day, they did not ask again (unlike some places where the staff would bang on the door all day), but helpfully asked if they could get me anything like new towels.

They really thought of everything in the room--from office supplies inside the desk (and in the business center, too), to two luggage racks in the closet and an umbrella and safe and ironing board. They had lots of good full length mirrors, too, which is helpful when dressing for meetings.

I had a courtyard room, which was huge, with a nice balcony over looking the courtyard. I was a little concerned about noise at night from the Il Fornaio restaurant downstairs, but to my surprise, at precisely 9:30 every evening, it was like someone flipped a switch, and bam-- silence. Very impressive.

The gym had a variety of cardio equipment--treadmill, bike, stair. And some free weights.

The beverage service with coffee and breakfast and happy hour in the lobby was great, too. And a contemporary yet homey ambiance that made me feel like I had been there before even though it was my first visit.

I look forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: If you like a view, pick the courtyard. But be aware that you will hear some mild background noise until about 9:30 at night--you could probably sleep through it though.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank palena
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We had 2 rooms in mid-September, in advance of moving our daughter into her college dorm. While not effusive, the hotel staff was extremely helpful in advance of our arrival - accepting a few packages from third party vendors delivered for our daughter - arranging airport transportation from
San Jose to the hotel for my parents. It was unseasonably hot during our stay. When we were unable to return to the hotel from campus to walk our dog, the front desk staff (for the most part) was extremely helpful and either they or one of the bellhop staff walked the dog. As others have said, the rooms are not huge, but are lovely and well-appointed. Restaurant reservations were efficiently made for us both in advance of our stay, and when we arrived. The workout facility was great. The proximity to University Ave adds a fun dimension - but coming up to the lobby was like returning to an elegant home. We look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank squishytiger
Reviewed 29 September 2011

This is a very attractive property, with spanish tiled hallways and a nice courtyard with a restaurant in it. It has a great boutique/unique feel with its cute lobby and a chicly designed room! Even though my room was absolutely tiny, I really loved the design-- everything is very new and the bathroom had a great very large shower. (Apparently I had the one of the smallest rooms- I think it was 212, the last room before you go through the door to the conference rooms area). I would not recommend my room as it adjoined some kind of kitchen/prep area and also had the parking lot out the window. So some traffic noise/banging and sounds like garbage was being taken out. Despite that I can sleep through almost anything and so I did, but my room was not a place for the light sleeper. Nice touch in the morning with coffee and some scones/treats at 6 am.

Room Tip: Avoid 212, the room closest to the door to the conference room area! It is next to some kind of kitchen/prep area and gets a lot of parking lot noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business