“Cozy yet luxurious hotel”
Review of Garden Court Hotel

Garden Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Only had 1 night here, but glad we did- the staff is very accommodating and friendly and the rooms are lovely with a comfortable bed, spotless bathroom with a rain shower that actually works and some nice extras like a cover for your toothbrush. We did hear some noise from people and cars on the street as our room was right on Cowper, but it was brief and did not go into the night. Breakfast is minimal but enough to get you started for the day. Would highly recommend this hotel and hope to stay again someday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room off of Cowper to really avoid any noise
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Garden Court Hotel

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We were finishing a 2 week trip in which I stayed in 7 hotels. I was hesitant to book the Garden Court because we were visiting friends and not spending all that much time at the hotel. I am so glad we ended up staying here. I have stayed in many top hotels and resorts over the years and I honestly think the Garden Court Hotel is one of the finest ever! The rooms are simply beautiful. Large, immaculate, and incredibly appointed with everything one would need (including a desk full of office supplies!). The complimentary tea, coffee and homemade pastries each morning were the most wonderful way to start the day. The house made truffles and port each night were simply decadent. The staff went above and beyond fulfilling any request immediately. The location is in the heart of all of the shops and restaurants in Palo Alto. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer! Will never think twice again about staying at the Garden Court Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AASIMO
Reviewed 22 March 2014

When you travel in the US you tend to get disappointed very often. The wording used by a lot of hotels have more to do with what's on trend at the moment than what they usually are able to deliver. So this is a boutique hotel. In my experience nothing good comes out of that. Remember with horror the place in the Hamptons we stayed at. So I wasn't really expecting much of this place. And it is fabulous, really! The rooms are wonderfully decorated, someone took great care with details! Choice of fabrics are unusual in that it would perhaps not wear that well, I like that, I like that it isn't a mushy brownish beige that you wouldn't be able to see the dirt. I like that I can see if it's a discussing place or not... Sheets are lovely (I think I am getting old, sheets in hotels are occupying my thoughts a lot recently, just spent a week in Austria where sheets were like sandpaper, very unpleasant), bathroom, although small very nice and with a great shower, and there was water by the bed at night!!! Currently staying in LA where they charge $5.50 for a small bottle of water, pathetic...When we asked if we could go to the gym early, we flew in from Europe so we were very jet lagged, they charmingly told us that as their own gym is located on the upper floors we might disturb sleeping guests and as such would we mind going to the gyn around the corner to which they would provide guest passes? We of course wouldn't mind at all!
The only thing that I could perhaps say about this hotel that they could improve is that the breakfast was really quite bad. If you can you should go around the corner to any of the cafes/restaurants on University St. I am almost wishing that my son gets into Stanford so that we could visit this place regularly, if it wasn't so far away from the East Coast...

Room Tip: Try to get upper floors
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Yes, you truly do get what you pay for! I usually don't pay for a luxury hotel, but we were only there for one night for parent's weekend at Stanford and we decided to splurge. The location was perfect. I was worried about the proximity to University Ave, but that ended up be a big plus because we could walk to restaurants very easily. There is a parking garage directly across the street and parking is free on the weekends. It was easy to come and go without the added cost of the valet. The rooms are luxurious and there is absolutely no sound from the outside. I slept as if I were in my own bed at home. In the evening we just happened to go to the lobby and were treated to biscotti and an after dinner drink--classy!

So for those of you wondering how convenient it is for Stanford-- it was very easy. You could actually walk there if you are into it. I think they told us it was 1.8 miles from the hotel to the main quad on campus. Driving takes 5-10 minutes depending on traffic. Once you figure it out it's much better to come and go on the street that runs parallel to University, which is Hamilton Avenue.

The Garden Court Hotel is very upscale without being pretentious. For us it was worth paying more to be close to campus.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014

From the moment I arrived I was welcomed as if a friend, and from that first introduction everyone remembered my name. Service was impeccable. On each floor, they have delicious coffee and rolls out by 5:30 a.m - for early birds like myself. Brilliant! The room is lovely, the appointments flawless and simple - it feels like coming home, so easy, so effortless, so humane. I was very impressed by this unusual service. Visiting guests also noted the extraordinary calm and quietude of the presence this hotel emanates.
Absolutely tops. And, Il Fornaio is next door where you can find excellent prices and top quality dining.

Room Tip: Oops, sorry, there is no swimming pool - but I can't seem to delete my error. All rooms are exce...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My gosh, what a hotel. From the moment you walk in the staff is right on it. Natural , friendly, helpful, make you feel great right away. The rooms are well appointed and very comfortable. All the amenities you want except a coffee maker!
The location was perfect, staff perfect, grounds perfect, room almost perfect.
County yourself fortunate if you find your way here for a visit.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Located in downtown Pal Alto not far from Stanford University. They have quality rooms that are nicely appointed with wonderful amenities. Has a beautiful courtyard. Their attention to detail is very nice. Had a personalized note in my room welcoming to the Garden Court. The location of the hotel is great. walkable to restaurants and shops. Room Service was very good and the food was actually hot when it arrived. Their overhead rain showers was awesome with Molton Brown products and fluffy bath towels. They also have turndown service which is always nice. Once you slip into the bed you will find it hard to get out of it. The sheets are amazing. The desk was a great work space with office supplies. They also have free WiFi. I will definitely be returning to the Garden Court.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
The Westin Palo Alto
The Westin Palo Alto
#9 of 27 in Palo Alto
Hilton Garden Inn Palo Alto

Been to Garden Court Hotel? Share your experiences!