“It was so so”

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
San Diego, California
“It was so so”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Checking in was a mess. We pulled up with no one helping us. Finally someone came to give us a valet ticket but no help with the luggage. Then we had to drag the luggage up the stairs to check in.

The room was small and cozy. The bed was very comfortable and I love Molton Brown products. The carpet was WET and smelly. But we were too tired to complain and did not want to waste time moving to another room.

Food was decent and location was very convenient and central.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
BarbaraGM, Marketing Director at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Kristie,

We are so sorry for your arrival experience. This news about our service is taken straight to the heart of the hotel. We strive for excellence and actually have colleague service training this week. We will use your review as a training tool this afternoon. Grateful that you let us know.

I see your sleep was excellent and I couldn’t agree more--too bad “Heavenly Beds” is already trademarked. I would love to know if you had room service or ate at the restaurant. We do have our own chef, separate from the restaurant since we are separate businesses. It’s always great to have your guest perspective on that front.

If you have time, please contact me directly with the date you stayed and time you arrived and any other information you wish to share.

Most importantly, please let me know when you are in town next. We hope you will allow us to provide the service we are known for next time you stay in Palo Alto.

Again, sincerely apologies.

Kindest regards,
Susanne Z. Smith
Marketing Director
susanne@gardencourt.com or 650 543 2215

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
seattle
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

All the service that make GCH so classic/classy plus wonderfully elegant design enhancements make this spot still the place to stay.

Enjoyed the warm welcome and constant awareness of the gracious staff.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you ajb hailing from Seattle!

We love to hear it and shared your review with our colleagues. Makes everyone’s hard work feel a little lighter. Let us know when you are back in Palo Alto next.

Happy travels,

Susanne Smith
Marketing Director
susanne@gardencourt.com or 650 543 2215
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here for a business trip in Palo Alto for 3 nights. It was fabulous. Every little detail of the stay was well thought through and luxurious. If I had the funds, I would stay here every time I visited Palo Alto. There's nothing like coming back after a long day of meetings to such relaxation and luxury.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Garden Court offers luxery and charm. It is the only high end hotel in the heart of Palo Alto. On Wednesdays, there is a lobby reception with wine and appetizers for the guests and others. The staff could not be more accomodating or sincerly nice.
It is walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: I loved the courtyard rooms. They all have balconies.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank fabutvlagt
Carmel, California
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is an amazing hotel that provides a real boutique experience in terms of size, personal attention and services. I was afraid the staff could not live up to the level of service they provided during my first stay but they did not let me down. They already knew which morning paper I preferred as well as my preference for a courtyard room but they took time to double check these details as I checked in just to be sure. The rooms all seem to have balconies and the amount of light that comes in is so great. The decor is very nice-warmly modern and plush. The bathrooms are all done in beautiful marble (squeaky clean!) and they provide a nice quality of amenities-not just the typical items in most hotels. To give you an idea: two types of robes in the rooms are provided plus slippers, in addition to shampoo conditioner, etc. the other amenities include a very neat travel toothbrush holder and a little bottle of air spritzer that is divine. I received a personal note with a little bag of chocolates at turn down and every single employee said hello to me as I came and went-genuinely friendly feeling One night there was a reception going on in the lobby and I was able to enjoy some wine and appetizers. It was really nice to mingle with the other guests and meet some of the hotel staff before I went up to my room (with another glass of wine!) Great location, easy parking and very comfortable. Can't wait to get back to Palo Alto.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here for 10 nights with a couple of short breaks to Carmel and Las Vegas in between.
Was a wonderful feeling after each short break arriving back to Garden Court, like arriving home. We were given the same room on each return.It was just so comfortable, a little noise from the functions in the courtyard but it didnt bother us as I found it quite interesting to see the different set ups for the various functions.The doormen were wonderful . The front desk staff were ok with the exception of Gavin who was very good and helpful
Hope to stay again next year when we visit quite pricey but so convienient.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I loved the room. Unlike most hotel rooms there was huge amounts of drawer and closet storage. The bathroom had a lovely large marble shower. A couch and big screen TV rounded out the room. It may have been a small room, but everything fit wonderfully and it really worked well.

The only downside is that when you opened the bathroom door wide, you hit the thermostat and turned up the heat. So be careful. :-)

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the atrium restaurant can be noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
#10 of 27 in Palo Alto
Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
#15 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Garden Court Hotel? Share your experiences!