“First Class”
Review of Garden Court Hotel

Garden Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This a first class hotel! I stayed here for my wedding weekend and had the best experience I've ever had at a hotel. The service and facilities are both outstanding. The staff are eager to help and left rose petals and candles for us on our wedding night. My fourth floor room was fully refurbished and stunning. Thank you for a stay I'll never forget, Garden Court!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Garden Court Hotel

Reviewed 13 July 2014

For a business traveler used to airport hotels, this island of tranquility and style, nestled in the distance of eateries and activities is a stay cation in itself. The staff is very friendly and considerate and searches for ways to assist. A welcome chocolate truffle awaits your arrival at the desk along with more of a living room feel than a hotel lobby. A desk sporting a single computer in the corner awaits if needed for business. Rooms are European sized but decorated in a plush style with heavy drapes on the wall of windows, including the bay which poufs out the room. The work desk is well lighted and it's drawer is stocked with all the office tools such as sticy notes, scissors, stapler, clips, rubber bands etc that might be needed if anyone misses the office. Bed is plush with thick duvet and pillow,top mattress. A clock radio from brookstone has a I pod charger built in and an easy to read digital output. The flat screen is recessed. Fresh fruit awaits any guest in the hallway, as well as inside the room. Bathroom is compact, but glassed in shower has both hand held and overhead shower options, and loads of plush towels. An assortment of boutique amenities satisfies any need for hygiene or,primping. Balconies are on all rooms to take advantage of,the beautiful weather and street watching! Food is delicious in room service or local restaurants.

Room Tip: Choose city or courtyard per your choice. Exercise room is well stocked w free weights, aerobic mac...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
BarbaraGM, Marketing Director at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us again. Your glowing review has been shared with our team. Let us know when you are back in Palo Alto next, we will make sure the chocolate truffles are doubled-up!

Happy travels,

Susanne Smith

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Checking in was a mess. We pulled up with no one helping us. Finally someone came to give us a valet ticket but no help with the luggage. Then we had to drag the luggage up the stairs to check in.

The room was small and cozy. The bed was very comfortable and I love Molton Brown products. The carpet was WET and smelly. But we were too tired to complain and did not want to waste time moving to another room.

Food was decent and location was very convenient and central.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BarbaraGM, Marketing Director at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Kristie,

We are so sorry for your arrival experience. This news about our service is taken straight to the heart of the hotel. We strive for excellence and actually have colleague service training this week. We will use your review as a training tool this afternoon. Grateful that you let us know.

I see your sleep was excellent and I couldn’t agree more--too bad “Heavenly Beds” is already trademarked. I would love to know if you had room service or ate at the restaurant. We do have our own chef, separate from the restaurant since we are separate businesses. It’s always great to have your guest perspective on that front.

If you have time, please contact me directly with the date you stayed and time you arrived and any other information you wish to share.

Most importantly, please let me know when you are in town next. We hope you will allow us to provide the service we are known for next time you stay in Palo Alto.

Again, sincerely apologies.

Kindest regards,
Susanne Z. Smith

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

All the service that make GCH so classic/classy plus wonderfully elegant design enhancements make this spot still the place to stay.

Enjoyed the warm welcome and constant awareness of the gracious staff.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you ajb hailing from Seattle!

We love to hear it and shared your review with our colleagues. Makes everyone’s hard work feel a little lighter. Let us know when you are back in Palo Alto next.

Happy travels,

Susanne Smith

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here for a business trip in Palo Alto for 3 nights. It was fabulous. Every little detail of the stay was well thought through and luxurious. If I had the funds, I would stay here every time I visited Palo Alto. There's nothing like coming back after a long day of meetings to such relaxation and luxury.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Garden Court offers luxery and charm. It is the only high end hotel in the heart of Palo Alto. On Wednesdays, there is a lobby reception with wine and appetizers for the guests and others. The staff could not be more accomodating or sincerly nice.
It is walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: I loved the courtyard rooms. They all have balconies.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fabutvlagt
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is an amazing hotel that provides a real boutique experience in terms of size, personal attention and services. I was afraid the staff could not live up to the level of service they provided during my first stay but they did not let me down. They already knew which morning paper I preferred as well as my preference for a courtyard room but they took time to double check these details as I checked in just to be sure. The rooms all seem to have balconies and the amount of light that comes in is so great. The decor is very nice-warmly modern and plush. The bathrooms are all done in beautiful marble (squeaky clean!) and they provide a nice quality of amenities-not just the typical items in most hotels. To give you an idea: two types of robes in the rooms are provided plus slippers, in addition to shampoo conditioner, etc. the other amenities include a very neat travel toothbrush holder and a little bottle of air spritzer that is divine. I received a personal note with a little bag of chocolates at turn down and every single employee said hello to me as I came and went-genuinely friendly feeling One night there was a reception going on in the lobby and I was able to enjoy some wine and appetizers. It was really nice to mingle with the other guests and meet some of the hotel staff before I went up to my room (with another glass of wine!) Great location, easy parking and very comfortable. Can't wait to get back to Palo Alto.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
The Westin Palo Alto
The Westin Palo Alto
#9 of 27 in Palo Alto
Hilton Garden Inn Palo Alto

Been to Garden Court Hotel? Share your experiences!