“Roasted Brussel Sprout and potato pizza….that's the place!”

Calafia Cafe & Market A Go Go
Ranked #37 of 362 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In 2009, Charlie Ayers leased nearly 5,000 square feet of space in the Town & Country Shopping Plaza across from Stanford University, realizing his dream of a owning neighborhood spot serving organic, sustainable, healthy, delicious food. Calafia Cafe & Market A Go-Go was an instant hit, and today still has crowds lining up to get a seat. This casual restaurant has an energetic vibe, and serves food inspired by the incredible bounty that is available in California. Calafia continues to bring the Silicon Valley community and its visitors together around fresh, farm-to-table cuisine in an always festive atmosphere.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

OK..this pizza is very unique…and it was good too!!
I had the Roasted Vegetable Mezza plate…VERY different. Liked it very much, but I can see that it would be too eccentric for the average person. The Cocunut Porter was good too. Soy ice creams…Pistachio..the best one, and Honey Vanilla and Chocolate.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Great night out and the food was excellent. Service was a tad odd. Super slow with drinks such that our food arrived before our drinks. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The place looks so chic, the menu sounds interesting, the prices are high. It should be good...but my Napa Duck salad was really disappointing. Bland dressing and "where's the duck?" Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing.
The noise level is to high for relaxed dining, the waiters are too pretentious for my liking. We have lots of options in town. I don't think I'll hurry back.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The food here is excellent, the beer selection is stellar, service is amazing, and the menu offerings are diverse.

Calafia is a great restaurant for a dinner meet up, dinner date, brunch, or a shot and a beer at the bar watching a game.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Went here for Mothers Day brunch so maybe it's not typical of the atmosphere and service. I had the Blue Max with coffee; my husband and son had the classic eggs and bacon. We waited for menus, for coffee and food and had to track our waiter down a few times. The Blue Max is delicious but I am not sure it was worth the frustration.