I stayed at the Coronet for 9 nights recently, and would definitely recommend it for anyone visiting Palo Alto on a budget. The motel will not be winning any architectural design awards too soon, but hey, at a price level that is more than 50% less than the hotels in the area, the Coronet Motel provides a decent value proposition.
* Clean rooms for a motel, and very friendly staff who really care about their guests.
* Convenient location (next to major road and within easy driving distance to most of Palo Alto, easy walking distance to a few coffee shops, restaurants and convenience store).
* Off-street parking, literally a few metres away from the rooms.
* Free high-speed wireless internet access.
* Cable television.
* The noise level really takes some getting used to. Strangely enough it is not so much the traffic from El Camino Real street up front that is bothersome, but rather the noise levels early morning when service vehicles arrive to do deliveries and remove waste from behind the motel. The poor sound insulation of the rooms also makes it challenging as one hears every movement from guests in adjoining rooms and specifically upstairs (I could even hear my neighbour snoring through closed windows and doors!).
* The kitchenette is nice to have, however it misses basic cutlery and a kettle (we made coffee in the microwave though).
All in all, the Coronet Motel is definitely a great budget accommodation option in Palo Alto.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Coronet Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.