- Location: It's downtown, and walking distance to everything, but it's a block off of University so it isn't too loud. Great combination right there.
- The front desk crew were all very friendly and helpful in giving suggestions for food and drink, and even making small talk while I lounged downstairs, sipped wine and decompressed after a long day
- Bed is comfortable *if* you like firm beds. I do, so that worked out pretty well. Sheets weren't anything to gush over but they were comfortable
- The decor is pleasant if you are into a more contemporary aesthetic. It definitely does not give the feeling of some cookie-cutter hotel room with the off-white walls and landscape pictures. I appreciated that (also the blue foot-lights in the halls)
- Lobby has a mini shop with beer, wine, soda and snacks available all night, plus they offered me a complimentary glass of wine when I checked in, which I thought was a nice touch (they have wine tastings in the evening and there was some left over, so score). Nice little lobby lounge with tables and wall sockets so I did quite a bit of my work downstairs
- Dry-marker glass wall in the room was helpful on a couple of occasions
- The bathroom's shower is spacious for a shower-only...as a bigger guy, when I hear "shower only" I get nervous it's going to be like washing in the dimensions of a hollowed out fridge. This one was nice and roomy with good water pressure
- The window opens up, which is good for airing out the place and getting some fresh air
- It's inconspicuous, which was sort of nice...in that you wouldn't even really peg it as a hotel from the outside, and when walking in and out it had more a feeling of an apartment residence with a small lobby than a hotel.
- Free wireless with a strong signal, even with a couple of devices connected.
- The standard rooms are small. Put together well, mind you, but definitely "cozy". If you aren't used to smaller rooms I could really see this causing some issues. I mean the bed takes up a pretty good portion of the room.
- No closet in the standard rooms. Having all my shirts and slacks hanging on a peg was a little odd. There are drawers to store stuff though (note: look at the foot of the bed, there are 2 drawers there that I found the day before I left...doh...)
- the bathroom "door" is a curtain. This, combined with the compact nature of the rooms can lead for some unfortunate situations (let's just say this is where a window that opens comes in handy, and I was happy I was by myself)
- The computer desk was crammed in the corner between the bed and the wall, and it doubles as the bedside table. It really isn't big enough to comfortably accommodate both to be honest (hence why I did a lot of work downstairs in the lounge).
Overall: I was travelling solo for business, and I really think that's this place's target guest. This hotel is very good for the price, location and overall quality. Sure, it's not perfect; it's on the small side, and it doesn't have certain usually-standard room features like, well, closets, but I got over that fairly quickly and had a good night's sleep every night, with friendly staff and nothing really important missing or disappointing. Can't speak for the business center as I never went there, but it's nice to know they have one with copier/fax/printer available as needed.
Bottom line; if you are looking for a big, spacious place with a hotel bar/restaurant, room service and standard amenities galore, then you will not likely be too happy. If you want convenience of location, price, service and don't really think the "cons" above are a big deal, then this place is a good catch.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Keen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.