“Great variety! Good service! Nice wine list”
Review of Gravity Wine Bar

Gravity Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Gravity Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 374 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University Ave.
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Amazing selection to choose from! My friend and I ended up ordering a variety of appetizers as our dinner and we were thrilled with the choices we made. The server helped us choose cheese for the cheese platter and meats for the charcuterie platter and it was fabulous! The frisee salad with poached egg was a nice change of pace and the raw oysters were fresh and sweet! The beet salad was a little boring but nice. The server also selected a nice wine to go with our appetizers which rounded out the perfect meal. We were never rushed and the ambiance was nice...not too loud...

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were a party of 4, and we were seated upstairs. We were happy to be upstairs because downstairs was noisy when we arrived. The menu looked really interesting, and we tried to order different dishes so we could sample as many as possible. My mussels and sausage starter was tasty, and my cornish hen was delicious. My husband's frisee salad (with bacon and a poached egg) was very good, as was his short rib over polenta (but a lot of the same taste going on, because there was nothing else on the plate). Our friend ordered the fixed menu, and his duck liver was awful, dry and tasteless, which was a real disappointment. His hanger steak was OK. His wife had a duck confit main course, which was good.

The service was very annoying. Our dishes kept coming in 3's, leaving one person without a dish, sometimes for many minutes. And plates were whisked away as soon as the folk was put down, leaving one of us eating all by themselves with no plates in front of the others. I had to hold on to my hen dish to allow my husband a chance to finish it for me, lest they take it. When we ordered dessert, the dessert 3 of us shared came right away, and the dessert for the fixed menu didn't come. We had to ask for it twice, and he ended up eating it after we had finished ours. Very, very annoying service.

The wine (by the glass) was good, and the wine list is interesting (it is a wine bar, after all). The rating I'm giving (4 stars) reflects our happiness with most of our dishes, and ignores the service problems. We love the sister restaurants, and we hope the service improves over time and the food becomes more even.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Nice visably aesthetic place. Good service & drinks.

Make sure to make reservations on Friday night!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is a great little spot for some good wine and a tasty plate or two if you are hungry. The ambience is just right for couples or small groups of friends who want to hang out and chat over a few drinks.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

This place gets really busy on Friday and Saturday nights, but still worth if for a cocktail with friends. They have a fantastic wine selection and the bartenders are lovely - very friendly and accommodating. I've had a few of the food dishes as well - not bad if you want something small to share. Enjoy!