“Great service, nice property”

The Westin Palo Alto
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Reno, Nv
“Great service, nice property”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed here for just one night. We had a suite with a fireplace. The room was nice, though the furniture was getting tired. Especially the sofa. May be time for a little updating for the rooms and parts of the property.
Every employee we encountered gave us excellent service.
We were able to use the jacuzzi in the morning while we had our coffee.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the second floor with fireplace and a little work table in the entry. The view was...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My wife and I love the Westin Palo Alto. It is reason enough to visit Palo Alto. The short walk through campus back to the hotel after a day at the Stanford Conference Center was delightful. The hotel itself is architecturally inviting, well decorated, quiet, restful, super clean, and exceptionally well maintained - as if it were brand new. Our room and bathroom were surprisingly large. The bed was "Westin perfect." The staff was friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfasts and dinners were delicious - extinguishing any desire we may have had to sample other restaurants in the area. This hotel is an A+.

Room Tip: The hotel is so well designed I imagine that all of the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 1 November 2013

There's no better location to stay in Palo Alto! Close to Stanford, a quick walk to downtown, perfectly situated on a 5 mile running trail, close to Cal Train (if you're not renting a car), and great accommodations! I definitely recommend choosing this Westin!

Room Tip: Request a corner room that has two large windows.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
westinpaloaltoGM, General Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Julie E,
Thank you for the rave review and 5 Stars - we're thrilled to hear it!! Looking forward to serving you again really soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had a very comfortable stay here. The bed is ultra comfy as is the standard for the Westin and our room was very clean. The workout facility was adequate with some free-weights (dumbbells) and plenty of cardio equipment (and water and towels are there for you). We spent some time in the bar and ordered food and drinks there. All very good. A great place to stay!

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear TheSluce,
Thank you for sharing your feelings about our Heavenly Beds, the cleanliness of our hotel, the WestinWorkout and our Luna Lounge- I'm thrilled to hear that you found everything to your liking. We hope to serve you again very soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The Westin is practically on the Stanford campus so it is a great place to stay when you are actually visiting Stanford. The room was fine, but quite noisy, both the halls and the room above.
Coffee in the lobby was great every morning and the staff was so friendly and lovely.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear JillSL212,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our lovely team, the location to Stanford and the complimentary coffee. I'm sorry to hear that you found the hallways and rooms above to be noisy and appreciate the feedback as it allows us to be more focused and responsive to potential problems in the future.
We hope to serve you again,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2013

If I close my eyes and click my pink heels three times and say “I want to go home” with any luck I may find myself at the Westin Palo Alto.

I returned for trip #8 on October 5th. As soon as I walked through the lobby, I felt at home.

My room was ready before noon, which is always a special treat after a five hour - three time zone - flight.. Even if not the room is not ready, it is no problem for them to hold my luggage, I carry my bikini in my carry on luggage and am more than happy to park myself by the pool. Can’t think of a better spot to wait on a hot and sunny day.

Was great to visit with people I knew and meet the new additions to the Westin Palo Alto Family. Everyone is fantastic.

The gentleman from Kenya at the front desk – his name is Junius.

Everything was lovely, the room perfect. A very tranquil oasis. Peaceful to come back to after a day of visiting San Francisco. The meals incredible. Service in Luna Lounge and Soleil second to none. Enjoyed morning buffet breakfasts-always fun to chat with people there. Sunday Brunch – not to be missed. Sitting by the pool was heaven.

I always think of Westin Palo Alto as my home away from home.

When I joined a health club in May, and was asked for a USA mailing address, instead of saying “I don’t have one” I used the hotel’s address. It just seemed and felt right.

Location, Location, Location as in real estate, Westin Palo Alto has it all. With the Cal-Train in your back yard, Town and Country Village a 5 minute walk, Stanford Shopping Center a 10 minute walk, proximity to Stanford who could ask for more?

I feel very secure and comfortable here knowing that everyone genuinely cares.

Nightie-nights(never ever say good-bye) are always hard, but knowing I will be back, makes it easier.

Can’t wait to go back. Already booked two trips for 2014.

Thank you to everyone who made my 12 days there feel like I was at a very expensive and exclusive resort. Loved the pampering which was much needed.

Highly recommended!

Reality hit when the plane landed in Toronto.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk staff for a room that best suits your personal needs. They are more than willing...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
westinpaloaltoGM, General Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Pinky 23_10,
Thank you for your very kind words, it is always a pleasure to have you as our guest! I'm pleased that our October weather held out well for you and we look forward to seeing you again in a few short months.
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Reviewed 23 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I expect Westin to be over the top. This one is nice, but not exceptional. Rooms are large and nicely appointed. Bathroom is quite large. But there is nothing that says I really want to go back and stay here again. Rather, when back to Palo Alto I would probably explore a different hotel.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jerry Z,
I am sorry to hear that we were not able to delight you and leave you yearning to return. This is not our norm and I apologize that you found us lacking. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss offline - as given another chance, I am confident the outcome would be different. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palo Alto
#1 of 9 in Menlo Park
Creekside Inn
Creekside Inn
#6 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to The Westin Palo Alto? Share your experiences!