Stayed here for a conference at Stanford. The rooms were remodeled and very clean (although reading about a bedbug problem just now feels a bit creepy, as it were). That's about it for the positive aspects.
This is not a professionally-run hotel. The staff is terrible! Extremely unhelpful - displaying a "You've obviously mistaken me for someone who cares" attitude. We checked in to find out our window faced the (tiny) workout room. I asked for a different room, since my son was going to be spending much of the day there while I went to the conference. This was late at night, we were both tired. So the person at the front desk gave us another room. We walked all the way over there, with our luggage, only to find out it faced a wall! Now granted, I did not explicitly say "Please give me a room that does not face a wall" but this being Palo Alto, you'd think some of the high IQ would rub off and the staff would realize you wanted a view (or something other than a wall or sweaty people). Next item: I had to get up very early and I was about to make coffee in the room, when I realized it was decaf. So I went to the lobby to get real coffee. The guy at the front desk spent a few minutes looking, and then said he'd have to go look for it. He never came back. In the meantime, the lady who was getting the breakfast ready informed me that they have no real coffee for the rooms. "Didn't get delivered". Again, communicating with every word and tone a "What's your problem" attitude, when I expressed surprise at this. Next item: We too faced the shuttle 24 hour advance reservation issue, but managed ok with that. However, when we asked if we could be picked up, that was another story. No can do. Next item: We forgot toothpaste, so I sent my son to get some at the front desk. He came back saying the lady was very unfriendly and charged him $5. For a toothpaste and little toothbrush. Sheesh - for 180/night, you'd expect to get a free toothpaste. You can get that at Motel 8. Last but not least, it is very noisy!!! You hear every person walking by with their roller suitcases, hear every word of their conversation. The breakfast was terrible. The "croissants" were so rubbery and nasty, I took one bite and just threw it away.
We could have put up with some of the annoyances, but the rudeness and unhelpfulness of the staff were inexcusable. We won't stay here again or recommend it. In fact, I will get in touch with the professional society that suggests hotels for our conference and ask that this place be removed from the list of recommended hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Across the street from the Stanford campus, you'll find the Stanford Terrace Inn, an oasis of unexpected elegance. In the midst of Silicon Valley, you'll discover a tradition of old world hospitality. Here, Tuscan murals adorn the walls, evoking a timeless sense of luxury. Our secluded garden setting and sun-drenched patio makes it easy to unwind. Or perhaps relieve the stresses of the day in our heated pool. Inside your over-sized guest room, you'll find all the modern conveniences. Complimentary cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and a desk large enough to get some real work done. All at a price that's pleasantly surprising. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Stanford Terrace Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stanford Terrace Hotel Palo Alto
- Stanford Terrace Palo Alto