For the cost of this place, even if the rooms are not updated, i would have expected good customer service. First, the place: i'd say that the rooms were spacious, with a kitchenette but not that comfortable: floors were cold, the lighting was dim. But the biggest complaint i have is the noise. I was on the first floor, and i could hear hallway traffic all night, as well as occasional noise from the guests upstairs. And then, in the morning, the adjacent room's TV was heard starting at 6am, it was a spanish novella type show so lots of shouting and drama coming thru the wall. So the when i'm checking out, I mention to the person at the desk the noise issue and he says he's sorry but the he'll check with his manager for compensation. I hear nothing for 2 days, so i call back. Again, the person at the front desk (different person) says she has no idea of the problem, the person i talked to is not there, please call back he is back on. i try calling back again 3 days later, and again am told the 1st person i talked is not there. None of these people take ownership to resolve my issue, even if its to tell me that there's nothing they will do. This is poor customer service and i don't have much reason to ever come back. Not to mention they also have a demanding reservation policy in that I had to pay 1 night's stay just to hold a reservation and the cancellation policy was 72 hrs. One positive note: they do have a nice complimentary organic breakfast in the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Across the street from the Stanford campus, you'll find the Stanford Terrace Inn, an oasis of unexpected elegance. In the midst of Silicon Valley, you'll discover a tradition of old world hospitality. Here, Tuscan murals adorn the walls, evoking a timeless sense of luxury. Our secluded garden setting and sun-drenched patio makes it easy to unwind. Or perhaps relieve the stresses of the day in our heated pool. Inside your over-sized guest room, you'll find all the modern conveniences. Complimentary cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and a desk large enough to get some real work done. All at a price that's pleasantly surprising. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Stanford Terrace Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stanford Terrace Hotel Palo Alto
- Stanford Terrace Palo Alto