“Conveniently close to Stanford University”

Stanford Terrace Inn
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Conveniently close to Stanford University”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

A bit different breakfast only hotel. Nice large rooms but with noisy old fashioned air conditioning units. Most unusual parking level. The breakfasts in the lobby offered a wide range of choices. All in all a pretty good place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The rooms are very large and the property is conveniently located to Stanford. Those are the positives.
The negatives: The rooms are noisy: guests can hear everything from rooms above - running water, flushes, conversations. The room had a strange, chemical smell. Organic cleansers? Don't think so.There is no manager on site - if you have any issue, you have to send a message to an administrative address. And that won't be answered. Ever.

There is a baby grand piano that constantly plays in the garage. By itself. Surrounded by plants and empty chairs. Very creepy.

For the odd, poorly managed place that it is, the Inn is quite overpriced. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 823AndreaLA823
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The rooms only have windows towards an inside walk way and are hence extremely dark. Ok to spend a few days in during business travel. I once spent 2 weeks there, and I didn't enjoy spending time in my room except for sleeping.

There is a very nice garden to sit in on the inside but of course this only works if the weather is nice.

When I stayed there several appliances in the fitness room and also the washing machine were broken and not fixed during my stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kortenberg, Belgium
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I ended up here by accident, and did not now what to expect.
I think most other review naled it: if you're into plants, organic and a different experience: this is it.

I must admit that I kinda liked it. The place was quite and clean. It could use some work, but then again, this is part of the atmosphere.

Happy with the experience, but probably not returning.

Oh, and yes, a bit to expensive for what you get...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
埼玉
Reviewed 30 April 2014

雰囲気が良くお勧めです! excellent ! my sun would like to go U. of STANFORD!大学近くのバス停から無料シャトル5分でSTANFORDへ行けます.

very nice!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I only stayed 1 night to be close by a meeting held at Stanford the next morning. I loved all the plants in the garden area - the pictures of all those plants on their site is the main reason I chose to stay here. There were 3 people working the front desk when I got in (10p) and they were all very nice. Parking was convenient (free and underground behind a gate). My room was upstairs (215). The room was huge and very clean. I didnt expect the electric fireplace or such a huge tv. Room was very quiet all night - GREAT change from the Residence Inn I was at the 2 nights before with a frat party or something going on next door. I did not try the breakfast so I cant comment on that. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Mine seemed to be off by itself, not along the sides of the garden. Very quiet location
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is one of the most overpriced places I've stayed at. At $308 a night, the quality of service was ridiculous. The breakfast spread is not very good. Admittedly, most places in PA are pretty expensive. But my experience with this place makes me feel like I would have been better off paying an additional $50-$100 and staying at a good business class hotel. The staff are so careless, the day that I was checking out, they charged me $2900 instead of $970! After pleading with them to show me their records, and making two trips back to the place after I had checked-out, I found that they had charged everything twice! And to top things off, I had used a prepaid forex card! I wouldn't have worried as much if I had used a credit card, as it's farely easy to cancel a transaction. But with a debit card, it's a whole different ball game. I was told by my bank that it would take 21 days (after calling them 5 times and placing a hold request) for the money to credit back, provided that the hotel doesn't claim the transactions. I immediately contacted the hotel again and the lady at the front desk said she would send me proof that the transactions had been cancelled from the hotel's end via email, but she never did. So I had to make yet another trip to the hotel to coerce them into showing me their record again, and found to my dismay that they hadn't cancelled the transactions yet! After numerous phone calls, and visits to the place, I finally got my money back after a month! On the whole, it was a very bad experience for me. Even though this place is in walking distance to many shops and restaurants (the only pro), I would suggest paying a little extra and staying someplace else.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

#19 of 27 in Palo Alto
Hotel Lucent
Hotel Lucent
#2 of 9 in Menlo Park

Been to Stanford Terrace Inn? Share your experiences!