“Nice local spot for Chinese”
Review of Da Sichuan Bistro

Da Sichuan Bistro
Ranked #190 of 371 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

Stopped by with friends for dinner . Very good Chinese at a very reasonable price . Had the chicken and the fish . Very good .

Service was very friendly and quick . I would certainly recommend .

Reviewed 19 November 2011

This will absolutely be my go-to Chinese place as long as I'm in the area... even though they charge extra for (white) rice and wouldn't listen when I tried to give them directions to my place.

The taste of the eggplant and garlic dish makes up for it. It's slightly spicy, and absolutely melts in your mouth. The bok choy and mushroom dish wasn't bad either, slightly ginger-y, but in a good way (and this is coming from someone who doesn't like ginger)

Heads up, though, vegetarians-- the menu is confusing to navigate. There's a whole separate vegetarian menu, but all the dishes have the same names as the regular ones, just with "vegetarian" in front of them. I ordered the egg drop soup, seeing it on the vegetarian menu, but it came with chicken chunks in it (I realize that I must have forgotten to say "vegetarian egg flower soup.")

Did I mention the eggplant??