“"To die for" Manchurian fish”
Review of Da Sichuan Bistro

Da Sichuan Bistro
Ranked #205 of 356 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Kelowna, Canada
“"To die for" Manchurian fish”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have eaten many times at this restaurant and I think they have the best spicy fish I have ever eaten. I have eaten spicy fish dishes in many countries in the world, including Singapore and this one just makes my mouth water every time I think of it. Their braised eggplant dish is also delicious, but cannot compare with their spicy Manchurian fish. I always asked for the chili peppers to be reduced and it is still has so much zing. Service is so-so, ambience: none, so you have to focus on just being there to eat great food, especially this fish dish.

• Visited June 2013

Menlo Park, California
“Terrific, authentic, hot!”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Went for dinner early on a Saturday night - no crowd at all, very fast service and food. Food was great - very spicy as I was promised. Very nice staff too - chased us down the street to return some sunglasses that were left. Reasonable prices as well. Definitely will return.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SteveTheDog
“Nice local spot for Chinese”
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

Stopped by with friends for dinner . Very good Chinese at a very reasonable price . Had the chicken and the fish . Very good .

Service was very friendly and quick . I would certainly recommend .

Mountain View, California
“Did I mention the eggplant??”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This will absolutely be my go-to Chinese place as long as I'm in the area... even though they charge extra for (white) rice and wouldn't listen when I tried to give them directions to my place.

The taste of the eggplant and garlic dish makes up for it. It's slightly spicy, and absolutely melts in your mouth. The bok choy and mushroom dish wasn't bad either, slightly ginger-y, but in a good way (and this is coming from someone who doesn't like ginger)

Heads up, though, vegetarians-- the menu is confusing to navigate. There's a whole separate vegetarian menu, but all the dishes have the same names as the regular ones, just with "vegetarian" in front of them. I ordered the egg drop soup, seeing it on the vegetarian menu, but it came with chicken chunks in it (I realize that I must have forgotten to say "vegetarian egg flower soup.")

Did I mention the eggplant??

• Visited October 2011