“Really nice weekend lunchtime experience”
Review of Madame Tam Bistro - CLOSED

Madame Tam Bistro
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
“Really nice weekend lunchtime experience”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

9 of us (including 3 kids) ate here at lunchtime on a Saturday. I ate lemongrass chicken with salad and my wife had a tofu clay pot.

The good:
1) There was a large table that seated all of us.
2) There's a good variety of noodle dishes and other Asian/Vietnamese dishes.
3) Clean place, responsive staff, good location in town.
4) I thought both my food and my wife's food was flavorful and well-presented. Portions were moderate size; not too large.

Could-be-better:
1) The waitress gave us the weekday lunch menus but our orders were sent in and charged as regular/dinner/weekend food. This is fine since it was the weekend, but I think we paid a little more than we expected due to the mix-up and maybe didn't get exactly what we thought we would. I had expected rice to come with mine since it was on the lunch menu but the regular menu didn't include rice and the waitress didn't seem to understand the confusion when I asked where the rice was so I just dropped the issue.

• Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
Palo Alto, California, United States
“Good banh mi and Asian food, lousy atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The food here is good, but it's a very sterile atmosphere. It's too dark at lunchtime, and sometimes too cold. Kind of expensive for lunch. Even the banh mi is expensive if you compare it to an authentic Vietnamese restaurant, but it's tasty.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Karen W
Reno, Nevada
“We'll Never Know”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

...because we waited 20 minutes (no kidding) for someone....., anyone, to bring us even a glass of water. Then, we got up and walked out. Had to grab a quick bite at Paris Baguette instead. When I got back to the office, it seems I was the only one that thought it might be a great place for lunch. Sure wish I had asked around before I wasted my lunch hour.

Visited December 2013
Los Gatos, California
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I went there for dinner with my family. The food is nothing special seriously nothing special. You don't get the feeling of any special taste or spice. The foods have mild taste. I saw that everyone ordered soap there. maybe the soap is special there.
BTW, They don't have kids menu.

• Visited October 2013
Mississauga, Canada
“good food nothing out of the ordinary”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

went for dinner and there were only a few other people there. Nice quiet atmosphere and the decor is pleasing. The food was good, nothing spectacular and the prices were reasonable , 2 of us ate for $40

• Visited April 2013