“Very Tasty Lunch”

Rice Thai Cuisine
Ranked #245 of 362 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Needing a quick late lunch, we stopped here close to their 3:00 o'clock lunch closing time. They were very accommodating and prepared our food immediately. We all had curry, three different types, but they were all excellent. Each curry came with white rice and a green salad with a small spring roll. For the price, it was a lot of food. Worth the effort to get there. Very small parking lot with only four spaces plus one HC space.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I lucked out with timing and came to Rice Thai at 11:30 am, well before the crowd hit at noon. I was underwhelmed given the ratings here and on Yelp. I hope I just got a random bad meal. I ordered the Pad Seuw, which I usually prefer to Pad Thai because you get more veggies in this dish. The sauce was not too sweet- a common error- but there were some noodles that had clearly been burned in the wok which gave the whole dish an unpleasant charred taste. I should have sent it back, but by the time I started eating the place was packed and I was running against the clock for a meeting. The salad did come with a lovely light peanut dressing. As stated by others, the parking is very limited. Even at 11:30 am I had to park in the alley behind the restaurant.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

After trying it the first time, I had to go back again that week to eat more! I've tried the Veggie Delight, teriyaki chicken, green curry, pad thai and others and they were all fresh (lots of bean sprouts) and delicious. I had not heard of Blanket Shrimp before, but I'm hooked now. The service was excellent both times, even for six people. I wish there were more places as good...

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Great food and it was ready fast. so-so ambiance, reasonable price. Parking was a little tough. Definitely would go back again.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Never disappointed with this place. One of the few places in south bay where you can get amazing thai food variety for attractive prices. Their service is amazing, always courteous, quick. Ambiance is neat, food is delicious. Have been dinning in as well as getting take outs atleast twice a month from this place. If you work/live in Palo Alto, do visit them for lunch on weekdays for that amazing Lunch combo deals.