The Zen Hotel
Hotel Keen(Palo Alto)
US$335
US$319
  • Breakfast included
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$247
US$338
Westin.com
  • Pool
Dinah's Garden Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$299
US$242
Dinahs Garden
Hotel Parmani(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$125
US$113
Coronet Motel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$147
Country Inn(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$598
US$569
  • Restaurant
US$629
  • Restaurant
All reviewsoatmeall'occitane toiletriesfree snacksfreshly baked cookiesel caminoconverted motelhot breakfastlittle toucheswater bottlestoilet and showergreat showerstay there againparking lotopened the doorevery morningqueen bedmountain view
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Just an 9rdinary motel. Room, two double beds. Noise from the sidewalk outside in the morning. You pay for what you get. Zen in the sense that you might want to meditate while you're there and picture staying in a really nice hotel. Nice mugs, though.. .

Room Tip: Just prepare for what you're going to get. Lower expectations.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dennis H
ricberr, General Manager at The Zen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry the location of your room was not as quiet as you would have preferred. I sincerely hope that other aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction. Should you decide to give us another opportunity in the future, we have rooms available that are located in specific sections of our building that we could recommend as being on the quieter side. Our Guest Services Agents are available 24/7 to assist with reservations and provide recommendations on our rooms.

Best regards,

Ricardo Berrospi

Reviewed 13 February 2014

A Palo Motel on the El Camino Real. Usually, that's the bottom of the market for Palo Alto - but the Zen seems to lift the standard for the rest. Nice toiletries, fresh bottled water every day, reasonable WiFi speeds, welcoming and helpful staff, a little pack of candy. Lots of detail - really does make the difference at this end of the market.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 109 - it's right in the far left hand corner - always got a parking space just outside!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FPnu
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I arrived at the hotel at 11 pm after a delayed flight and a $100 taxi fare from SFO. It didn't look promising. After checking in, I lugged my very heavy suitcase to the back of the property and then carried it up the stairs to my room. It isn't a hotel, so there's no one to help you.

My first impression wasn't positive, but that changed over the course of the next 24 hours, when I grew to appreciate everything this hotel does offer you. A jetted tub, for example. Bathrobes and slippers. Some welcome chocolates, fruit, and a complimentary bottle of water. A good breakfast. The list goes on. Oh -- and when I checked out, one of the cleaners saw me, and she insisted on carrying my suitcase for me down the stairs, despite my embarrassed protests. I was won over!

The only thing I continued to dislike was the overhead lighting, which was not bright enough. But I guess they're trying to be a trendy boutique hotel, where this sort of thing is par for the course.

And the bill was very reasonable for Palo Alto.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed here on New Years Eve for a couple of nights. Its a great little hotel that is comfortable, clean and very relaxing. The outside grounds are very well maintained with nice little waterfall and Buddha statues outside. The staff is very accommodating. I had asked Ryan to order pink roses for the room so I could surprise my girlfriend which she was. It was nice to know a hotel can make the little details happen. I highly recommend this hotel! The price is also super reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ricberr, Front Office Manager at The Zen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that our attention to detail and commitment to guest satisfaction helped make your New Years Eve an enjoyable one. Comments such as yours help reinforce to the entire staff that our efforts do not go unnoticed.

I am thrilled to hear that you were able to take comfort in our Zen Garden. Hopefully the recent improvements we have made to this area helped you take a few minutes to relax during your transition to a new year.

It was also a pleasure to personally assist you with the flowers for your girlfriend. I am so happy that she was surprised.

Your feedback was greatly appreciated. I hope that we have another chance to welcome you back to The Zen Hotel in the future.

Ryan Aldridge
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This small unassuming hotel was the gem of our 3 week vacation. We usually don't stay at hotels with doors that enter from outside. Don't let this small detail fool you - this hotel is quiet, safe and delightful. A quiet sitting area with several water features, overlooking balconies, bath salts, hot water maker with really nice teas. A nice breakfast topped off the stay. We would stay here again in a minute. Really - stay here!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jenehr
ricberr, General Manager at The Zen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for this phenomenal review! Your kind comments about the way we run our operations are very much appreciated and reassuring to all our staff.

I was very excited to see you mentioning our Mighty Leaf organic teas, as this was an addition we made to our breakfast that received great positive response from our guests. We also find that offering both Peet's and Starbucks Coffee for breakfast was a decision that played very well with a number of coffee fans we welcome on a daily basis to The Zen Hotel.

Please rest assured that your feedback has been read by the entire Zen team, and that we all appreciate the time you took to leave your kind feedback on Tripadvisor.

Hope to see you back again soon.

Best regards,