“My taste buds were in heaven!”
Review of Birch Street

Birch Street
Ranked #214 of 360 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: American, French, Italian, Swedish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
York, PA
“My taste buds were in heaven!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My first time at Birch Street and it was a delicious, exciting experience from the first nibble to the last spoonful. I ordered the special soup, gazpacho with guacamole, and what a flavor burst of deliciousness! Had a bite of the wonderful prosciutto and peaches as well as at the burrata tomato salad. Both were equally delectable. For dinner I couldn't get enough of the Bucaini all'Amatricana with the tasty guanciale. I was disappointed when the meal was over, I didn't want the flavor burst to end. I was so full at dessert but someone ordered the creme caramel. It was sweet and smooth and absolutely delicious. I had wished I had ordered one all for me. Too bad I don't live closer because I would like to frequent this outstanding restaurant. The wine selection is amazing too. You can't go wrong!

• Visited August 2014

Kirkland, Canada
“Memorable dining experience”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Just a few nights ago, we were a party of four at this wonderful little gem in Palo Alto. Our appetizers were great. Nice salads and a particularly good asparagus soup. The Flat Iron steak- frittes was cooked to perfection. The spaghetti carbonara was delicious. The scallops with yummy corn pancakes.were divine and the halibut was fresh as could be! A nice small menu with excellent choices all beautifully presented. Cannot comment on the deserts as we had a sufficiency of enoughness at that point! Sevice was very friendly and efficient. Comfortable cozy ambiance. Every table was taken so reservations are a must!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Barb1952
Palo Alto, California
“great cafe”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We have gone many times for both lunch and dinner. The food is wonderful especially the Duck and fish. Also have the artichoke salad!!! The place is cozy with outside seating. The service is excellent. the wine is interesting and not you standard cab focused list.
I recommend it highly!

• Visited April 2013
Palo Alto, California
“good food”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

good seating outside for luncch, nice salades too, good for kids and good service, will be back soon.

Visited July 2012
Los Altos Hills, California
“mini - but poor bistro elan”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Ate here last night w/6 others and unlike the old Bistro Elan, was very disappointed. Menu was not the creative one we remembered. Salads were run of the mill but good ingredients, gazpacho was OK. Carbonara was very ordinary, Mexican stew was tasty but small for the price, Scallops on a pretty ordinary waffle had good, but cold vegetables with nicely cooked scallops so the dish came as a cold entree. We had asked to bring 'in' a dessert for a special birthday and was told we could not, even if we paid a dessert fee for the right. This we were told was because the restaurant has a pastry chef. We ordered a banana cake that had peanuts and brown sugar topping which was not only small but dried out and hardly the work of good pastry chef. The staff were attentive and we were outside which was delightful, but we won't return because of a less than good meal that lacked creativity and a high price for such. Also, restaurant is poorly labeled from the street. We were only allowed a 5:30 or 8:30 seating when our reservation was made.

• Visited August 2012