“Better than expected”

Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Courteous staff, including housekeeping. They were diligent with faxes and FedEx deliveries received here while on this business trip. Frankly, other 1st choice accommodations were booked, apparently because of busy season at Stanford. However, the Super 8 did not disappoint. Great location. Nice Fish Market Restaurant next door. Close drive to Stanford. Ample parking. The suites, no kidding were ample, included two rooms and kitchenette. Great for the money.

Room Tip: Really good suites.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
GM_Super8PA, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are extremely pleased that your stay was enjoyable.

We are glad you enjoyed our large 2-bedroom suite. These rooms are perfect for guests traveling with family or friends!

We hope to serve you again in the future - as your first choice when visiting Palo Alto.

Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Clemente
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Just needed a place to sleep for the night so looked for an inexpensive place. The room looked brand new, everything was clean and came with all the amenities, including wi-fi in the room. I will stay there again anytime I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon G
GM_Super8PA, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to post a response and are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you in the future should your travels bring you to Palo Alto.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed at Super 8 in Palo Alto for few days before Google I/O to visit Googleplex and get some taste of Sillicon Valley and I cant imagine a better place to stay for the money.

The room was perfectly clean and had everything you could wish for - coffee maker, microwave, iron... The cleanliness was what I liked the most. The linens and towels were fine and the location was perfect too. There is an ex-HP facility hositng Fryss electonic now and site for GM resear chcenter, the Coyote Hill with PARC is not far away and its a bit more than hour's walk to get to Googleplex...

For 100 USD per night I was pretty happy - the price includes coffee for the coffee maker and a breakfast which is the only slight let down - its served in the reception area, its not too rich and well... the ebst thing was to take a bagel, spread and some fruits back to your room to eat in privacy but that didnt bother me at all. if you care about value, this is great deal.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank oschon
, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this review, 15 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting the area.

We truly appreciate your thoughtful feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

General Manager - Super 8 Palo Alto
Caruthers, California
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband is having tesing done at Stanford for Parkinsons. We hunted and hunted to find a comfortable motel that wouldn't cost us a fortune. Super 8 in Palo Alto did just that. Our room was very comfortable, clean, and well stocked. The office was open early and served cereal w/milk, orange juice, hot coffee, and english muffins, and fresh fruit. The staff is super. So helpful and caring. We will be going back, soon. Thanks again.

Caruthers, CA

Room Tip: Our room was downstairs, about halfway back. Very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cheryl m
GM_Super8PA, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay while visiting the area for your husband's testing at Stanford Hospital.

Our guest's comfort and satisfaction is our primary responsibility, and I am happy to know that you had a great stay!

Thank you and we look forward to hosting you in the future.
Finland
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I had a great nine day stay at Super 8. The property is well maintained in a good position to visit Stanford.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Vennu
CS
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I had to travel to Stanford during the graduation weekend. I could not find any hotel close to campus but could make a reservation with this hotel. I reached the hotel very tired and got the key just to figure out that there is another person in the room!! so they had put me in a room that already was for another person. All the hotels were full and I was quite angry, they did not make any compensation and gave me a room in another super 8 which was 30 minutes farther to campus! if it had happened in another hotel they would put you in a better hotel. It seems they do not know the basics of hotel management.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank navth
GM_Super8PA, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this review, 24 June 2011
Dear guest,

I apologize for your experience at our hotel. As we explained to you upon your check-in, the previous guest was scheduled to depart that morning, and for reasons unexplained, the guest did not notify us of their intention to stay. This resulted in an overbooking situation. In your presence, a desk clerk immediately attempted to contact the guest.

Because he was unsuccessful in reaching that guest, he immediately called local area hotels to check availability, understanding that you were extremely tired from a long trip. He managed to secure a room for you 3 miles south on El Camino. Because our hotel is ultimately responsible for the mishap, we secured for you a deeply discounted rate, given that it was Stanford graduation weekend, and reimbursed the new hotel directly for the rate difference.

The desk clerk also offered to provide you transportation in the form of a taxi, and ultimately, you decided to take the bus. On my request, your new hotel discounted your room cost by the cost of transportation to the hotel and I reimbursed the hotel directly for that cost.

We regret that you were put in this position during a busy weekend and certainly apologize for your experience. Nevertheless, I feel confident that we went to great lengths to correct a terrible situation.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I stayed at the super 8 a week ago, and i must say it was a great place for me and my friends, not only is it a good location, but the staff is excellent! They made sure our stay was comfortable. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends