“This hotel is located close to Stanford University, where...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Parmani

Hotel Parmani
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
El Cajon
“This hotel is located close to Stanford University, where...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

This hotel is located close to Stanford University, where our son is a sophomore, and is reasonably priced for what it offers. Nothing fancy, but clean and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

GM_Super8PA, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Carolyn S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that stayed with us during your visit with your son at Stanford. As you noted, we are located in close proximity to the university.

As we transition to becoming Hotel Parmani effective October 1, 2013, we will enhance some of our in-room offerings. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I travel from the UK to Palo Alto 4 or 5 times a year for a week at a time. I like this hotel because:
[a] Wired Ethernet - rock solid for VOIP and VPN work
[b] Fridge - I keep UK hours [8 time zones away] - so spend several hours working in my room before most of California wake up. I stock the fridge from Safeway on arrival.
[c] Walking distance from CalTrain station if I need to go into San Francisco
[d] Standard coffee machine - I buy a pound of Peet's coffee and a box of Melitta filter papers from the supermarket and I can make as much coffee as I want at a decent strength. Avoid the "dish water" coffee pack provided by the hotel!
[e] It's often reasonably priced as I book some months in advance.
[f] I can park very near my room.

What's missing:
[a] AirCon is noisy
[b] Breakfast is not worth bothering with

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are glad you find our hotel convenient when visiting the area. As you mentioned, many of our business travelers appreciate the speed and stability of our wired internet connection.

As we transition to becoming Hotel Parmani effective October 1, 2013, we will be providing a few extra touches to enhance the guest experience, such as in-room Starbuck's coffee (though Peet's is an excellent choice).

We look forward to serving you on a future visit to Palo Alto.

Miami
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Very old building, very old and minimum furniture, owner is very stingy. The only good thing was the internet.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

GM_Super8PA, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Ibrahim T,

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay at our hotel.

I have reached out to you via email to see if you could provide me specific feedback on how we could have made your stay better.

Should you have specific feedback, please feel free to email me directly at innatstanford@gmail.com and I would be happy to address any issues you experienced.

Walnut Creek
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Spacious room. Friendly staff. Clean. Lovely bedding (no florid, floral polyester bedspreads)! Nice to have a fridge and a microwave. Nice curved shower curtain rod. Liked having both sheer and blackout curtains. Hooray for unscented soap! Close to Stanford campus. Loved my window which faced OUT - not into the courtyard/parking lot/walkway - much better for privacy (this was a rare room considering the design configuration of this site but is something which designers of future Super 8's should keep in mind; having people walk by your room window is no fun, then you close the curtains and feel like you're staying in a cave.) Improvements that could be made: 1) Use 2-ply toilet paper; 2) Put a shade, blind, or curtain over the bathroom window. Yes, the glass is frosted, but the sun comes blasting in in the a.m. and the bathroom becomes too hot; 3) Fix tippy table; 4) All lighting was from ceiling lights. This is a bit annoying at night when one wants to wind down or read. A lamp on the nightstand would be wonderful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

GM_Super8PA, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Charmaine B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that you found our accommodations to be spacious and clean, and our staff friendly and accommodating. I wanted to address some of your suggested improvements, which are helpful to know.

Regarding the one-ply toilet paper, this was an error in shipment from our supplier which resulted in the delivery of one-ply versus two-ply. We caught the error and notified our supplier, who replaced the remaining boxes. I apologize that the old ones were not swapped out of your guest room as our new shipment had already arrived.

We will also take a look at the table in your room. As for the lighting, we are looking into a table lamp option to supplement our overhead lighting.

We sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you again in the future as we transition into becoming Hotel Parmani. You may visit our new website at www.hotelparmani.com.

Orangevale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I had a very nice stay. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Room was extremely clean - white bedspread, etc. I would recommend to anyone on a budget. You do have to turn around when coming in from the south but it isn't a big problem. Also walking distance to excellent restaurants.

Dear Judy H,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am extremely pleased that you found our staff to be courteous and our rooms to be clean. Our housekeeping does a tremendous job and we are glad you noticed.

As you mentioned, we are walking distance to many excellent restaurants.

We look forward to serving you again in the future as we transition to becoming Hotel Parmani. In the coming weeks, we will have our new website up at www.hotelparmani.com.