“Great Value”
Review of Hotel Parmani

Hotel Parmani
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We were visting a family member at the Stanford Medical Center and were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful during check in and helped us find some great places to dine out during our stay. The most unique was that they had Starbucks coffee in the rooms which made my day.

• Stayed: January 2014
Hotel_Parmani, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Rocxy74,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad you found our accommodations to be clean and comfortable, and that our staff was helpful during your visit. We did add Starbucks coffee as our in-room guest coffee in October and am delighted to hear that the change is welcomed.

We look forward to serving you again in the future while visiting Palo Alto.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed overnight at the Parmani on Christmas night, which is not the easiest for any accommodation. The staff were helpful, and the environment very nice and quiet (albeit Christmas night not too busy on the streets). Access to any of Palo Alto is easy and the room was both clean and functional in all senses. Decent and reasonable for business or visiting Palo Alto.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Hotel_Parmani, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear WanderingWapiti,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel's cleanliness, and our staff's friendliness. We hope your visit to Palo Alto was pleasant and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed in August 2013 when it was still flagged as the Super 8 Palo Alto, and before that around September 2012. Our most recent stay found the property overall was not impeccable as our other visit. The room itself was not as clean (carpet and dusty) and the housekeeping seemed not to be up to par. They suites are roomy and convenient, with kitchenette. Yet, overall, the furniture is dated and uncomfortable to work out of the room. No comfortable chair or desk to work from on a computer. Big plusses are the location, internet connection capable of VPN, and friendly front desk service. The breakfast is just a cereal, banana and or orange, concentrate juices, tea and coffee. The prices were pricey and we expected more because of that. Our prior stay was flawless in all aspects, except the breakfast was still minimal.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jabnolla

Dear jabnolla,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory.

We do recognize that our breakfast is not a full breakfast buffet - we offer two types of toast and cereal, pastry, apples, bananas, coffee, milk, juice, and teas. There are, however, great breakfast options nearby that I would we recommend for those seeking a more substantial breakfast to get their day started.

Please feel free to contact me directly at info@hotelparmani.com so I may directly address your concerns.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

The place is nice and the people are nicer, it's cheap, the food is poor but infront the hotel is a good restaurant baker and corner. The rooms are clean an confortable, you have in room microwave and refrigerator.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear DirectorNG132,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our staff. I am happy that you found your accommodations to be clean and comfortable and we look forward to seeing you again on a future visit to Palo Alto.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

My bed sheet had a very large brownish stain totally visible without even pulling the covers back. It was the first thing I noticed when I walked into my room. When I pulled the covers back I found quite a few long black hairs and also some fine black gravel on the sheet. This lead me to believe that the sheets had not been changed since the last guest occupied the room.

The lighting in the bathroom was extremely dim, which made it almost impossible to shave.

The roll of toilet paper was 3/4 used when I first walked into the room. I have never seen an almost finished roll of toilet paper in a hotel room.

A portion of the iron's ironing surface was burnt black.

One of the chairs at the table in the room had what looked to be a disgusting skid-mark on the seat.

All of these details made for a very uncomfortable stay at this hotel. They need to pay much more attention to the cleanliness and upkeep of the rooms. I definitely would not recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Greg S
Hotel_Parmani, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Greg S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I have spoken with housekeeping and reinforced our commitment to ensure proper attention to detail.

I went and personally inspected the room you stayed in and did not notice the burnt black stain on the ironing board, nor the marks you referred to on the chairs. However, I would be happy to hear from you directly regarding what you saw and encourage you to call or email me directly.

Though I wish these issues were brought to our attention during your stay so we could rectify the situation immediately, I welcome your feedback. Please feel free to email me directly at info@hotelparmani.com.

Again, I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory and I assure you I will take the appropriate steps and discuss with housekeeping to correct the issues you experienced.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Because of a last minute trip, I found myself in Sunnyvale for a week. The hotel near the office had a room for me every night of the week except Tuesday. I spent an hour looking for a room nearby and everyone was book for miles.

I was envisioning having to sleep in the back of my rental car when finally found a room at the Hotel Parmani in Palo Alto, several miles awa, It's a small motel and not a luxury facility, but the room had more than everything I needed, including fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and excellent Wi-Fi connectivity. And most importantly, a big ol' comfy bed. And very accommodating and friendly staff.

Thank you Hotel Parmani for saving my bacon!

Room Tip: Might want to ask for a room farther back from the road to reduce traffic noise.