“VERY HELPFUL STAFF!”
Review of Hotel Parmani

Hotel Parmani
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I spent just a couple of nights at the Hotel Parmani and it was a very pleasant experience. The rooms are comfortable, there is everything you need, nice breakfast, convenient location. But most of all I appreciated how friendly and helpful the staff at the reception is. This is a small family-owned business and there you really feel a warm human attitude to the hotel guests. I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Hotel_Parmani, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear tinalarina,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy that you found our hotel staff to be friendly and helpful. We definitely like to have personal interaction and get to know our guests.

We are glad that your experience was positive and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

"My wife and I were bringing our daughter to visit Stanford University as she begins to explore colleges she may attend and we stayed here on a recommendation. We were pleasantly surprised and please with how close to Stanford it was. Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about options on getting to Stanford (offered information on the Marguerite, though we had our own car). We were asked about our plans for dinner and offered suggestions - the guy actually took interest in us, go figure! Room was extremely clean and pretty well stocked - Starbucks coffee and a couple of free bottles of water in the room on check-in - not bad! Breakfast is pretty basic but we weren't staying there for the food so it didn't bother us. Will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mack1969
Hotel_Parmani, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Mack1969,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you found our hotel to be both clean and friendly. I am also glad that you enjoyed some of our complimentary in-room amenities. I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Stanford University campus and hope to see you again on a future visit!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Awesome place to stay. The rooms are really nice and clean and the employees are extremely nice and understanding. I have stayed at this hotel twice and I have always stayed at the two bedroom suite. It's very spacious and I love it.

Room Tip: Two bedroom suite with queen beds
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel_Parmani, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Jfade,

Thank you for taking the time to review us online. Our two-queen suite is a very popular room and we are glad you found the room to be spacious and clean. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when visiting Palo Alto. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at Parmani for 5 nights for an interview in Palo Alto and I enjoyed the hotel a lot. The staff there are really friendly and helpful ( I forgot to bring my toothbrush,and got brush and paste free from the counter!really saved my trip!). The room is not fancy but clean and cozy, and I love the king-size bed a lot. The place is on the main street, and daily deli and supermarket are within walking distance. If you are lazy, the McDonald's is just right next to it. Everything was perfect and my only complain is the pillows (really, they are actually cushions) are too small. I love bigger ones.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lang201441,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. I am glad that your experience was wonderful and that you found our rooms to be comfortable, clean, and cozy. We look forward to your next visit to Palo Alto!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The location is great for visitors to Stanford, but otherwise the place is underwhelming. Shower was a trickle of alternating very hot, then very cold water. Remote control was worn and barely worked. Breakfast was just some cereal.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Parmani, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Steve_0850,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. We will have maintenance evaluate the shower issue. I took a look at the remote control in your room and it seems to be working fine. I am not sure what you mean when you say it "barely worked", but I have installed new batteries just in case this was the issue. It may also be that the cable box that Comcast has us install is pushed back further than it should right underneath the TV, which might affect the signal from the remote to the box.

We do offer our guests a small continental breakfast each morning. However, I am surprised that you mention that breakfast consists solely of cereal. Right next to the cereal, we have toast, pastry, milk, juice, coffee, and fruit. We understand that this is not as hearty a breakfast as some guests prefer, but we bill our breakfast as continental - just enough to get the day started. For guests seeking a more substantial breakfast, we do encourage them to visit some great breakfast establishments near the hotel.

We thank you for your review and hope you provide us with an opportunity to serve you on a future visit to Palo Alto.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We were visting a family member at the Stanford Medical Center and were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful during check in and helped us find some great places to dine out during our stay. The most unique was that they had Starbucks coffee in the rooms which made my day.

• Stayed: January 2014
Hotel_Parmani, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Rocxy74,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad you found our accommodations to be clean and comfortable, and that our staff was helpful during your visit. We did add Starbucks coffee as our in-room guest coffee in October and am delighted to hear that the change is welcomed.

We look forward to serving you again in the future while visiting Palo Alto.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed overnight at the Parmani on Christmas night, which is not the easiest for any accommodation. The staff were helpful, and the environment very nice and quiet (albeit Christmas night not too busy on the streets). Access to any of Palo Alto is easy and the room was both clean and functional in all senses. Decent and reasonable for business or visiting Palo Alto.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Hotel_Parmani, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear WanderingWapiti,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel's cleanliness, and our staff's friendliness. We hope your visit to Palo Alto was pleasant and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

GM