“Not as expected”

Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Cottonwood, California
“Not as expected”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Close to Stanford so we stayed here. Felt that it was not a good value for the money. The room was clean; and staff friendly and helpful. The bathroom was dirty, with mold and the bathtub dingy, the tub mat was supposed to be white but was gray. The room did have free wifi, but was not working.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Deborah A
Hotel_Parmani, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Deborah A,

I apologize that your experience at our hotel was not to your complete satisfaction.

We take room cleanliness seriously and I welcome hearing from you via email at info@hotelparmani.com to know which room you stayed in so we may address any potential issues in the bathroom. We have not had any similar reports.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the towels. Just last week, we replaced all bath mats. We also apologize that you did not find the wi-fi experience to your satisfaction. We do have 24X7 tech support available should any issues arise.

Again, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. I welcome hearing from you directly and hope you will give Hotel Parmani another chance on a future visit.

Yaitn P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The layout is of a motel, but for my stay I had everything I needed: clean room and bathroom, silence at night (I was away during the day) and good WiFi connectivity. The room was spaceous and the front clerks were very friendly.
Regarding the location, it is obviously a bit far from Palo Alto centre to walk, but there is a bus stop (line 22) towards the centre on the opposite side of the street. The free Marguerite shuttle to Stanford campus is a short walk (about half a mile) away at the S California Ave crossing.
The breakfast area is small, so there are tablets in the room to take the breakfast there (which was actually convenient for me). Perhaps due to this arrangement, there was only plastic cutlery, though, which is perhaps a slight minus.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gregor S
Dear Gregor S,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel to the TripAdvisor community.

I am glad you found our rooms to be clean, spacious, quiet, and with good wi-fi connectivity. I am also delighted that you found our staff to be friendly as we are always ready to serve our guests with their needs while visiting.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed in hotel Parmani for 4 days on a business trip. Although the motel is not luxurious it is clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and accommodating, cereal, toast and coffee are available every morning. The downside to the motel are the showers, which can change temperature at a moments notice and have very low water pressure.

Room Tip: Try and stay in a room as far away from El Camino Real as possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hermie79
Dear Hermie79,

We are glad you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable and our staff to be friendly and accommodating. Thank you for bringing to our attention the issue regarding the shower that you experienced. We will be sure to look into this further.

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My 4-star is based on the value for the area. This is not a romantic or posh hotel at all. It is basic and it does basic well. The layout is that of a motel, which is good because you pretty much need a car (there is a bus line though if you need). The rooms were updated largely, with good beds and bedding, functional and clean appliances. The A/C was right under the window and blew the curtains everywhere so I had to anchor them with my shoes. Desk staff were very nice. Starbucks coffee in room, replenished daily, was great as the lobby coffee was very weak. The lobby breakfast was indeed minimal, but they had apples you could take with you and they did have brown (wheat) bread as well. A bit of peanut butter would have been nice. I stayed twice in one month for business and it was a really good value for the area. My colleagues stayed on the second floor in a suite and they couldn't use the A/C because it made the room smell like a men's room... so that unit needs to be cleaned and/or replaced. Also they had noise in the morning from delivery vehicles next door. The wi-fi worked well for me.

Room Tip: Ground floor seems quieter and cooler. Avoid the suite on second floor because there is something wr...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hotel_Parmani, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear granite_girl,

Thank you for writing regarding your experience at Hotel Parmani.

We are glad you found our accommodations to be comfortable and good value for the area. I apologize for the maintenance issue you experienced and I assure you we have addressed it.

Indeed we do serve a very light continental breakfast which includes apples and bananas, cereals, toast, juice, coffee, milk, tea, and oatmeal.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back to Palo Alto.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Spacious room, decent price and good central location.
We used this as a stop off before setting off to half moon bay to start our Highway 1 coastal drive.
5 minute drive from Stanford University but a very quiet area with not much to do.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Paulbo4
Hotel_Parmani, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Paulbo4,

Thank you for providing feedback on TripAdvisor!

We are glad you found our accommodations to your satisfaction. I trust that your trip down the California coast on Highway 1 was a great one. We hope to host you again in the future should you ever find yourself in the Bay Area.

Thank you.

State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I hesitate to share such a good find because we will certainly hope to get a reservation if visiting Stanford again! The distance from campus was quite reasonable given that we had a car. Clean, comfortable beds. Breakfast: cereal, fruit, coffee, sweet rolls, juice. Wireless worked. The suite was perfect for our family, 2 rooms sharing a bath. Best of all, the office staff were friendly and went out of their way to help us as we went through a difficult situation far away from our home.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank R L
Dear R L,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. Our staff appreciates your kind words about the service and we certainly look forward to hosting you again on a future visit to Stanford. I am also personally delighted that you enjoyed our 2-bedroom suite - a perfect layout for families.

We are glad we were able to provide comfort during an unexpected difficult situation and hope to see you again!

Los Alamos, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here overnight while in Palo Alto recently. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the room was clean and quiet, albeit a bit dated. I was surprised when I actually saw the place, as the web site could give one the impression that this was a small "boutique" hotel. It is far from boutique, but it is clean and quiet. The continental breakfast was small but adequate, and is served in the small lobby where there were a couple of stools to sit on.

The price was astonishingly high, given the experience. I have never stayed in a motel in this area before this, and maybe the rate was par for the course in Palo Alto. It was about $40 above GSA rates for the area.

An adequate hotel. Clean, quiet, and basic. Seemed expensive, to me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business