“Won't be back to this owner's private party house!”
Review of Hotel Parmani

Hotel Parmani
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I stayed there twice before and had one annoying noise problem, which I sucked up. The location near medical office and the large clean standard room and amenities at $88per night. incl tax was ok. My purpose was travel for medical tests and restful sleep. Being in walking distance to good fish restaurant, the Fish Market was a plus. I planned to stay two nights but when i came back to the room at 3:30pm the 2d day I found the parking lot ready for a large party. They could have warned me when I checked in but did not. The manager proudly told me he was using the space for his own wedding. I told him I needed peace and quiet and asked him to permit me to leave without paying the late stay fee and he agreed. I asked for time to rest, and he gave me 15 minutes to pack and go. Like work was a rude interruption to his social plans. Want professional treatment? Go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank BarbPG_10
GM_Super8PA, Owner at Hotel Parmani, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for your experience during your stay. I incorrectly believed that I clearly communicated to our front desk staff to let all arriving guests know during that week that there would be a large wedding group staying at the hotel so that guests were aware of the wedding group.

I sincerely apologize this was not communicated to you upon your check-in and take complete responsibility. I can assure you that this situation will not occur in the future as we will take more proactive steps when hosting larger groups.

We ask and hope that you give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to friendly hospitality in the future!

- Owner

Reviewed 18 December 2009

The motel hosts were friendly and helpful.
The breakfast is very light (coffee, cereals, bananas and some party), so be prepared to supplement it by something more substantial.
The rooms were very clean and in decent condition (furniture, bathroom). Bath amenities were somewhat scarce, make sure to bring shampoo and the rest.
Wi-Fi worked reasonably well and is free of charge. The motel is located on El Camino Road and is thus very accessible, on the other hand, there was some noise from the passing vehicles, but nothing substantial.
It's an good place to stay if you need to travel over the Valley and don't want to mess with vacation rentals.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2009

My colleague stayed here in the beginning of November. A guy at the front desk was so careless and lazy.
First, he gave my colleague a key of the wrong room, where somebody else already stayed. He said he was supposed to give another room, but pressed wrong keys.
O.K. Anybody makes mistakes. However, for security reason, I don't think it's O.K. to give a wrong key at the hotel. Who's going to take a responsibility, when something happens?
The next problem is, this guy charged the room cost to my credit card, which I gave just for reservation purposes. We called them many times, but they never agreed to fixed it.
The overall experience is too terrible, and I won't let anybody stay in any Super 8 any more.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank One-Traveler5
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I stayed there for 5 days while I was looking for an apartment to rent in the area. It was ok for that purpose- conveniently located (but all the hotels in Palo Alto are conviniently located...), and clean. The breakfast was ok for an American motel breakfast. The rooms are large. The head of the family who runs it doesn't seem to like people very much, makes you wonder why he got in this trade in the first place. But his son is really friendly and helpful.
A few annoying misshaps though that were unaccountable for-
The first night we had no hot water and needed to wait 30 minutes for it.
The first morning I noticed the toaster was unconnected, and it took him 20 minutes to fix it...
The ads promise HBO- I didn't find it. When i asked the manager, he wasn't to keen to help.
The free internet worked fine.
a good advice for you- Try hotels in Redwood city- Since the city is less "pocsh" than Palo Alto, they are cheaper!!! And it is really really close.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2009

This is a standard motel in that it has basic rooms and free parking. The fabric of the interiors may not be the newest but it is well kept and clean. If you need to get your head down this is a good place.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2009

My mother was scheduled to have surgery at Stanford hospital. I painstakingly reviewed countless Hotels in the area for a good clean economical room. We booked two nights at this hotel through Hotels.com. During my mothers pre-op, the Doctor determined that surgery wasn't required afterall. Woo Hoo!! This left us with having to cancel our "Prepaid Non-Refundable" reservations for this hotel. We went to the hotel and pleaded our case with the desk clerk who I believe was also the owner Mr. Patel. He was EXTREMELY helpful but was unable to help us because we had booked through Hotels.com. He told us he would cancel the rooms at his end but we would have to work with Hotels.com for any refund. At first, the customer care person was a little indignant restating the NON-REFUNDABLE policy. I explained our extenuating circumstances and told him we even had a note from her doctor. He suggested I FAX the note. We found the closes Kinkos and FAX it right off. The next morning, I followed up with Hotels.com to see if there was a chance in Hell that we would get a full or even a partial refund. We where granted a FULL refund ... again, Woo Hoo!!!!!
Needless to say, our next trip to Palo Alto will be booked through Hotels.com for the Super 8 Motel. We where VERY IMPRESSED with the grounds, Mr. Patel's empathy, the cleanliness of the facility and the general location ... close to everything. Check it out!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2008

Revisit of this hotel, looks like pool has been torn up. Room was musty and carpet got wet after storm. Staff seemed not concerned when i mentioned it. Rooms looking a little older,would benefit from a frfinishing. Breakfast small. BUT low price is attractive especially if a quick visit where you are looking for a room to sleep in and you are not picky.

• Stayed: February 2006