“Expensive Hong Kong Cuisine but VERY good”
Review of Yucca de Lac

Yucca de Lac
Ranked #158 of 360 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone +1 650 322-1188. I would personally write a review for this one. It's both very good and very expensive.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Expensive Hong Kong Cuisine but VERY good”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This restaurant opened in the March time frame, and features a sort of Hong Kong Fusion food. My wife, daughter, a friend and I ate there for lunch. My daughter ate a combination of vegetable, shrimp, and pork Chinese pot stickers. My wife had an arugula salad with seared ahi tuna and grilled mango, and I had a watermelon-arugula salad with a crumbled blue cheese. All three dishes were phenomenal, and really not too heavy. We also had at the table, some lightly prepared french-cut beans, and a summer vegetable pasta. This as opposed to the neighboring restaurant, Max's Opera Cafe, which is well known for its ridiculously oversized portions.

If you're eating outside, there are curtains to separate you from both the parking lot and the sun. Ambiance is about what you would otherwise expect for a mall.

Here's the thing: the cost was high, but when I ask myself if I would return, the answer is simply yes. Light (relatively) healthy fare is hard to come by, and their meal was not only that, but imaginative and inspiring. That makes it worth it.

• Visited May 2012