“Excellent food and excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Yucca de Lac
Ranked #209 of 355 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent food and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I live in Singapore and did not expect to find Asian food of the kind I found in this restaurant. The dumplings were fabulous, the fried rice was very nice and the service was awesome. I think the waitress who served us was Ivan or Evan and she was a sweetheart. This restaurant caught me by surprise. Well done, folks!

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Rahul A

• Korean first
San Jose, California, United States
“Garlic Noodles! Great fusion food and romantic setting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is my favorite place to go for garlic noodles. Not that the rest of their menu isn't fabulous, but the garlic noodles stand out from everything else. I've been to this place countless times, tried all their entrees and I simply cannot find anything that I could complain about, except maybe that I'm addicted to their garlic noodles.

If you want a taste of Western and Hong Kong fusion food, this is definitely the place to go. There are many authentic Cantonese dishes here, all presented in a professional and artistic way. They have a generous portion of jumbo prawns and seabass for their seafood entrees. If you want to try their steak selection, I'd recommend the Victoria Peak steak. The ingredients in that dish just melds together to give you a whole different steak experience. I don't drink liquor so I can't comment on the quality, but the bar area looks very nice and there are always people there, chatting away with the bartender or watching sports on the tv screens.

This place is great for dates too as the decoration is high class, has very comfortable ambiance, and romantic lighting. There is a curtain-covered outdoor lounging area if you prefer a less formal dining experience, it's heated in the winter and in the rest of the seasons, it is very well ventilated. Definitely a place where you can go for any season.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Yik Y
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Great wine selection and fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have visited Yucca de Lac on many occasions and never been disappointed. They have a great wine selection (I have enjoyed many glasses at the bar..), interesting cocktails (I had a really good one with lychee but the name escapes me right now), and good fusion food. Their crab avocado rolls and their shao lung bao are two of my favourites. Ambience is great, good value for money lunch specials and the staff is really friendly. Always a place I go back whenever I am in the area.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Anja G
“Love the food and ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Ambiance : It is very good ! quite and comfy
Food : 1. Crab and avocado spring roll: This is so good!.They use the real crab meat and thick avocado
2. Duck Garlic noodle: This is my favorite. They use the Spanish noodle and very good tasted source
3. Dim sum: It is high-end dim sim, the quality is good , all dim sim with whole shrimp
4. Salad: Tuna and mango salad. the tuna is so fresh
5.Yucca de lac crispy noodle: I love it
6. Entry we try seabass and rib. The dressing goes well the seabass and very unique. The cove Rib is top of the world. The meat is so juicy and tender.
Dessert: I love the Potato mochi and molten cake
Service: Good and server are all nice.

They have two outside patio and good for all kind of party.
We will come back for sure.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kaiyin C
Los Gatos, California
“Loved our Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

It was lunch time during a day of shopping at Stanford Shopping Center and we thought we would try somewhere new. We loved Yucca! They have a great lunch menu with just the right size lunch specials or you could order entrees and share We felt it was a good value and service was what is expected. The rest of the menu looked interesting and they have a very nice lounge area outside the bar that would be great any time of year since there are "tent" walls and heaters!

• Visited May 2014