“Has Become a "Must Visit" during Trips to the Area”
Review of Chantal Guillon

Chantal Guillon
Ranked #21 of 23 Dessert in Palo Alto
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I was introduced to this shop by a co-worker and now we have to visit, usually more than once, every time I am in the area.

They serve macarons, which are small, cookie-like confections made with eggs and almond flour (note that several reviewers refers to them as macaroons, which are entirely different and made with coconut).

While not exactly cheap, each macaron has a very intense flavor that I tend to describe as if you had taken a whole cake and reduced it down in size. They are also gluten-free, so here is a great sweet if you are trying to avoid gluten.

I usually buy them in boxes, small ones if it is early in the trip and larger ones to take home. You do want to eat them fairly soon as they tend to dry out over time.

They have a number of flavors available each day. The rose ones are interesting just because you rarely eat something that tastes like roses smell, but among my group the hands down favorite is the salted caramel. I also like the fruit ones, such as passion fruit, as well.

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

So great for a coffee and a snack. The coffee also come with a little ice cream. Yummy!

Some very unique flavors also.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

In this store you feel like you've been transported to Paris. The displays are beautiful and staff is helpful. This is absolute must try if you are walking in downtown Palo Alto

Reviewed 5 July 2013

the best in town... not too expensive and very delicious, wide selection

the only bad thing is it tends to close pretty early.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Wow, this is one of the BEST macaroons I have ever tasted (and I have been to Europe !). As I was walking down University Ave with my husband, I was pleasantly surprised to find a macaroon place and decided to come in. I like the way the store is decorated, it just has a cute look and feel. Anyways, I only purchased 6 (as the prices are a little more expensive than other macaroon places I frequent in So. Cal.):

Almond- True almond taste, truly full of flavor and wonderfully sweetened. I loved this!

Valentine- This was sweet, but wasn't exactly sure what this was supposed to taste like, so I can't really describe the flavor. I wasn't wowed by this macaroon and probably would not buy this one again.

Cherry- I love that there were slices of cherries in the filling. I love how this macaroon really captured a true sweet cherry taste.

Orange Blossom- This gave a sweet orange taste that I really liked.

Rose- Excellent and perfectly sweetened with a light rose cream flavor.

Tuxedo- The presentation of this macaroon really caught my eye and so that's why I decided to get one. (It really is all dressed up to go but no where to go, except in my mouth! This little macaroon was trying to make a grand entrance) But I was a little disappointed with it. Honestly, it tasted like a plain macaroon that is dipped in chocolate. I did like that the filling was chocolate though. But I was actually charged an extra $1 for this macaroon, which I did not know ahead of time (and found out on my receipt, after I had paid). I probably would not order this again, but at least was glad that I did get to try it.

Total damage of 6 macaroons= $11.80 (if I did not get that tuxedo macaroon, then it would have been $10.80... save your money and don't order it).

These macaroons were delicately made and handled with such care. These macaroons have a nice soft bite and go well with their filling inside. Overall, I enjoyed these my macaroons for the most part and would LOVE to come back here and try other flavors (would actually like to try all the flavors).