“Good Bang for your Buck, Not for your (taste) Buds”
Review of Paris Baguette

Paris Baguette
Ranked #2 of 11 Bakeries in Palo Alto
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This place has great prices for pastries, and has a huge range of them. I love the buffet style, where you can take as many and as much as you want of each type of item.

I've only had their cake, and I have to say... It's definitely not my favorite. I don't think their frosting is very rich or well-made, and what they call 'cream' is more like sugar and gelatin mixed together. Not up my alley.

But their breads and croissants and sticky buns and muffins, etc. look much better and honestly, for the price, this place beats anywhere else in town!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

A nice place to sit down in the evening just to relax or bring your laptop to work. I usually ordered any cake with cream (shortcake; strawberry-chocolate is my favorite).

Green tea or anything with added milk/sugar here is too sweet, so I ended up ordering americano or espresso after that.

I have been to S. Korea so many times and Paris Baguette there always impressed me. This one is no different (probably with a more blunt service due to the location -- who would expect service in America to be better than that in S. Korea); overall, I really enjoy coming here.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Two weeks ago on Sunday, my friend and I went to this bakery/restaurant after googling places for delicious pastries in Palo Alto since we were visiting the city for the first time. Being Born and bred in Korea, I was specially attracted by this place because I found out that it is one of Korean chains. What a nice cafe , there is outdoor sitting area with several cute white tables and chairs, as soon as I pushed the door to enter inside, I was drawn by fancy ceiling lights with mirror on the top and off white color sofa bench chairs and tables in the dining room , as continuously walking in, I saw trays after trays of delicious looking pastries on the shelves and fancy designed whole and a sliced of cakes displayed inside glass case. Both my friend and only wanted to have one pastry because we needed to save room for lunch at a Chinese restaurant few blocks away, it turned out that we shouldn't bother because none of us liked Chinese food we had there. I bought a Sweet Potato Twist and mostly brought up Green Tea Latte when I researched at home for drinks to try before making a trip to Palo Alto. I liked what I bought. My friend ordered a Butter Croissant which she liked also and just a cup of water. 20 minutes before heading to
Chinese restaurant which is open at 11:00, we picked just about every item on their trays displayed on the shelves for Take Out for our folks back home (I forgot to mention that we spent a night at one of hotels on El Camino Real, because we planned to go to a Japanese garden in Saratoga on the second day) and for our selves, I found myself couldn't stop picking those mouth watering pastries, I ended up buying the total 6 boxes of them and 2 pieces of Tiramisu (loved it) and 1 Raspberry Mousse cakes (also loved it). As I was typing for this review, I started to miss and crave for this restaurant's foods. Please view pictures of foods I uploaded to "Photo" file.

2  Thank lwtsingtao
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

The pastey is really great, some interesting selections that you dont see in other bakeries. Coffee is so, so, i would not risk it.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Not truly a French cafe -- it's a Korean chain -- but inspired by France. A nice selection of pastries, cakes, and caffeinated drinks. A large, open seating plan looks like it makes for a great place to work, too.