“Bang on Mezze”
Review of Evvia

Evvia
Reserve with OpenTable
Evvia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 356 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University
Description: Sister restaurant of Kokkari, Evvia has been serving beautiful and elegant Greek cuisine since 1995. Fabulous fish, savory roasted meats, and sun-soaked vegetables are jazzed up with a spritz of lemon, a little olive oil, and herbs. There is perfection in simplicity.
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Bang on Mezze”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This really was a stellar example of a place with a good formula. The crowded places is bursting with atmosphere and our just-the-right-amount-of-pushy greek waitron was spot on with his recommendations and demeanor. The variety of mezze was great, and the execution of the dishes were spot on. The wild mushrooms with cheese were MAGIC, although not on the menu. Even the Greek beer was worth a tipple. All in all a great evening.
Here's a tip to get in if you're struggling: Book on open table for one of the late slots and go early - the worst thing that can happen is that you have to go drink somewhere for an hour or two :)

• Korean first
Seattle, WA
“Great Greek Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Lunched with 9 other friends with advance reservations. Food was fantastic and the waitress recommended items that were popular. We were not disappointed. We had many items to share. Some favorites were the prawns, the lamb ribs, the roasted Brussell's sprouts (delish) and the spanakopita. Didn't have room for dessert. The bread was fresh and the olive oil tasty for all to savor. This place is busy, so plan in advance. Parking is a little tough in this downtown Palo Alto area, so carpool or come early. The open kitchen is wonderful to observe and the atmosphere is lively. Highly recommended.

Palo Alto, CA
“A very special place”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

After eating here twice for special occasions in the last year, I understand why it can take weeks to get in the door. The food is incredibly delicious, the wait staff is professional, and the atmosphere, while a bit noisy because it is always full, is pleasing. My husband eats vegetarian when we go out, and there were so many good choices, especially among the meze, that we had a hard time deciding. It's fun to go with a few other people, so that you can try lots of different things. Each time, our waitress was able to answer our questions intelligently, and make helpful suggestions. I can't wait for our next special occasion!

Beijing
“I miss California!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Absolutely loved it! My guests Craig & Kerry made think so much of Palo Alto as they are Tech people:) Actually I would like to write the review for the Italian cafe that I visited so many times when I lived here. The Evvia came to my eyesight! I was here too! I loved the lamb chops & atmosphere! I miss California! I will definitely go back to this restaurant if I come back Silicon valley!!! Btw, I am Beijinger:)

• Visited November 2012
Fremont, California
“The best Greek food in Palo Alto and vicinity”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Evvia is an upscale restaurant in Palo Alto near University Avenue, offering a fantastic selection of wines and Greek cuisine. It is suggested to make a reservation well in advance if you would not like to be disappointed. The larger the group, the earlier should the reservations we made. My friend made the reservation almost 2 months prior for 15 people. They also offer a pre-planned and agreed upon fixed menu for your guests if so desired.

If you are familiar with this area, you must know that parking is a big pain. So if you would like to save the $6 plus tip valet parking charge (very reasonable), do arrive 20 mins. earlier to find a parking spot. We used valet which was very convenient. The restaurant is not large and is always packed. They really do have a large selection of good wines including a large reserve collection. Service was very good and server – guest ratio was higher than many other restaurants. The quality of food was very good including the desserts but quite pricey. Ambiance was quite good though a bit too noisy perhaps due to the densely packed tables.

I would recommend this restaurant
Food Quality – A
Ambiance – B+
Customer Service – A
Pricing – A-
Overall Rating: A
Would I visit again: YES!

• Visited September 2013